V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't it really get your a$$ when as soon as you've purchased your dream bike and loaded it up with all the chrome you want you then see one exactly like it on sale on ebay for thousands of dollars less?
I hate that sh!t.
How can these people sell bikes with 300 miles on them that must have cost $26,000 for $21,000? I'm not going to look at ebay any more. It's too depressing.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Two weeks after I bought mine I saw the exact same bike in Vegas for 2K cheaper. Aw, fruck it!:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would complain, but because of ebay I just bought my first Harley.

It's a2003 XL883R (you know, the racer). It had 12 miles on it...owned by a lawyer that bought 4 2003 Harleys in one purchase, then decided he didnt need the one I bought from him.

He didnt put a reserve price on it so I got it for $6,599 !! He had paid $8,500 for it less than a month ago (I saw the receipt).

I had to travel 9 hours to go pick it up, but it was well worth the trip!! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VincentH,

Yeah, it's great when you're on the right end of the deal but isn't going to hurt if you see another XL883R for sale next week for $5,599. That's the kind of crap that happens to me.

Peter

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
VincentH said:

He didnt put a reserve price on it so I got it for $6,599 !! He had paid $8,500 for it less than a month ago (I saw the receipt).

Alright Vincent!

One can find some good deals on Ebay, but its definitely caveat emptor.

wyo

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now all I have to do is convince the wife into letting me spend some of the money saved on some upgrades.

Lets see...1200 conversion, 2 into 2 SuperTrapp pipes, ram air filter, fiberglass rear fender...did I mention I want this thing to be one awesome street tracker?? ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've bought two sporty's and a bagger off Ebay and got realy good deals on all three. Sold one sporty to by the bagger , then found a hotrod sporty a month ago to replace it. Went up 8 years for $400. and a lot better bike. I like Ebay :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brother just bought a '61 pan in pieces, but all there w/ a S&S 88" spare motor for $4300 off eBay. Should be a nice winter project.

Zz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts