V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for wideband O2 sensors that are good quality but not the crazy prices I am seeing for the dynojet 48292001. I have seen this Bosch 17205 cross reference but they are all up there in price.
Anyone know a good reasonably priced replacement?

·
Super Moderator
20,827 Posts
Should work. The connector needs to be the same layout, and pin location. And it need to have the same resister in the connector. There will be numbers stamped into the connector housing that should match.

I use Bosch sensors to replace Thundermax units. But they are VW sensors, 17014, and run about $40. That one you listed happens to fit a Caddy, so its about $95. They are all the same sensor, just the wires and connector differ.

If you step away from Bosch, you can prolly buy that sensor for about $35 from Centaurus.

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should work. The connector needs to be the same layout, and pin location. And it need to have the same resister in the connector. There will be numbers stamped into the connector housing that should match.

I use Bosch sensors to replace Thundermax units. But they are VW sensors, 17014, and run about $40. That one you listed happens to fit a Caddy, so its about $95. They are all the same sensor, just the wires and connector differ.

If you step away from Bosch, you can prolly buy that sensor for about $35 from Centaurus.
How is the quality of the non Bosch O2 sensors?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A Mechanic friend used only Bosch for 02 sensors on the cars he worked on.. All of the others gave him problems or stopped working within months of replacement.... Bosch or what the dealer sold, which were ridiculously expensive..

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Mechanic friend used only Bosch for 02 sensors on the cars he worked on.. All of the others gave him problems or stopped working within months of replacement.... Bosch or what the dealer sold, which were ridiculously expensive..
That is my concern

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,827 Posts
How is the quality of the non Bosch O2 sensors?
Well, who knows. But they have have the same warranty as any other emissions sensor. So selling crap would put you out of business pretty quick.

When used in an auto tune application, how good do they need to be. Expected life is 50K miles in a mixture fatter then 13:1. And they still work at that point, but tend to become slow to react because of the built up deposits. Most failures are burned out heaters and resisters or poisoned sensors. If you haven't developed a good tune by 40K miles and turned the autotune off by then, something else is wrong. And unless you run a Tmax or a TCFI unit, map building is all you are doing with the sensor.

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, who knows. But they have have the same warranty as any other emissions sensor. So selling crap would put you out of business pretty quick.

When used in an auto tune application, how good do they need to be. Expected life is 50K miles in a mixture fatter then 13:1. And they still work at that point, but tend to become slow to react because of the built up deposits. Most failures are burned out heaters and resisters or poisoned sensors. If you haven't developed a good tune by 40K miles and turned the autotune off by then, something else is wrong. And unless you run a Tmax or a TCFI unit, map building is all you are doing with the sensor.
I know this thread was a while back. The reason i was lookingvatvwideband replacements was for a Dynojet Target Tune module. A guy bought just the module thinking it would work with his Powervision but didn't realize he needed all the other parts and is selling it at a good price. I was thinking of picking it up and taking my time sourcing parts to save some cash.
So the sensors would be working a lot ajusting the tune if my understanding of how and what the Target Tune is does and is used for iscorrect.
It motors and adjusts the fuel on the fly continuously.

·
Super Moderator
20,827 Posts
I know this thread was a while back. The reason i was lookingvatvwideband replacements was for a Dynojet Target Tune module. A guy bought just the module thinking it would work with his Powervision but didn't realize he needed all the other parts and is selling it at a good price. I was thinking of picking it up and taking my time sourcing parts to save some cash.
So the sensors would be working a lot ajusting the tune if my understanding of how and what the Target Tune is does and is used for iscorrect.
It motors and adjusts the fuel on the fly continuously.
I can't say on the target tune. Never really messed with one. But that's the way it works on a TMax. As long as the auto tune is toggled on, the unit uses the sensors to trim the fuel mix and make adjustments to the map. In my experiance, the adjustments are pretty small after you have a 1000 miles or so on it. And mostly reflect changes in the fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts