V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a place advertises the Model 250i , what does that mean? Is that the latest dyno model or something?
Or doesnt it mean pigglyshi%?

·
Registered
460 Posts
hdmd88 said:
The 250i has all the same bells and whistles as the 250 but the frame has changed to a wider format...with the wider format the AFR pump and the Dyno Stack up can be intergraded in the frame work, plus it has a truck universal joint connecting the drum with the eddy brake. The 250 has a flex coupling that has to be replaced now and again and its not as smooth running as the truck universal joint. The 250i also has the new softwear program winPEP 7 which is the same math as the winPEP 6 program but the 7 is windows based and lots more bells and whistles to what can be done with it as an operator.
Doc,

One thing WindPep 7 does is level the playing field advantage some of the 200/250 have due to mistake at the factory by Dynojet. Seems 14 of them with WinpPep 6 software got out without having the correct weight and dia of drum being enter into software and that resulted in their giving out higher numbers than WinPep 6 ones that had correct information entered for serial number of drum installed. The correct drum information for each dyno gets entered by dynojet for the Winpep 7 software upgrade.

By the way, I notice that both of the FL and AZ MMI's dynojets still use WinPep 6 instead of WinPep 7 upgrade. Ex-Boss upgraded to WinPep 7 when it was first released on his DJ250. I would have thought MMI would use the latest and greatest Dynojet software since they are a training center. But then again software doesn't change training requirements. Just thought Dynojet would have supplied it to them.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Bad Twin,

The tool means nothing if the operator doesn't know how to use it. I've seen guys with homemade dynos and half ass software tune a bike to optimum in no time. And on the other hand, guys with the auto tune tuning link and all the bells and whistles that couldn't tune a go kart. Forget the equipment, check out the tech!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
GRock said:
The tool means nothing if the operator doesn't know how to use it. I've seen guys with homemade dynos and half ass software tune a bike to optimum in no time. And on the other hand, guys with the auto tune tuning link and all the bells and whistles that couldn't tune a go kart. Forget the equipment, check out the tech!!
Dang it, I have heard that somewhere before. :duh?:

·
Registered
460 Posts
hdmd88 said:
I teach both programs in Orlando
All of winPEP 6 and 7 programs are matched to the drum weights...there have been some screw ups in the past but today Dyno Jet has you install an utility in your computer that reads everything about your Dyno, you then fax that info to them and they cut the program wheather its 6 or 7 or The Tuning link program.
I got a winPEP 7 for the auto Dyno a while back....it showed 900 and better hp....yes mistakes do get made but as a rule all dyno drumsare different weights from the ballance factor so each program has to be cut for the drum you have.
Yes we do have the latest and greatest here even the Tuning Link. I am having a problem with winPEP 7 printing from day one up to today, I have the lattest 3.1.3. version and it still has printer problems. Personally I like the winPEP 6 program much better because the graphs are esier to read and I can alter the line thickness....the program it self is harder to use than the 7 but I and the other instructors like it better.
Is the print problem, trying to get both HP and TQ print out for the run? 7.1.3 cured that for me. Think they fixed the Runviewer too.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks all...
This question was due in part of my search for a builder/tuner in the upstate NY area for a good friend of mine. One of the HD dealers up there advertised this tool in their advertising..

·
Registered
460 Posts
hdmd88 said:
No although this was a problem in the begining. Now we have a problem because I tried to change the fonts....it totally locks up the computer andto get out of it the whole winPEP 7 program has to be set up from scratch. I'm not the only one with this problem believe me.
If you go into the customize section and set your shop name and the font size then try to print it will say PRAMETERS INCORRECT....then it locks up.
Did I get the shops name in the place you are having trouble with. I changed font too. No lockup, but I did know going in my printer and computer supported the font.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts