V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my '02 Fatboy the beginning of January, and did the V & H Pro Pipe with the stage 1. Having previously ridden a Honda Shadow 650, I don't feel like I KNOW whether the bike is running properly (eg- mild vibrations, slight pinging, farting on clutched deceleration). I'm probably just paranoid, 'cause I don't want to be harming the bike.
What exactly does Dyno testing indicate? Should I be asking the HD service department to run a Dyno test when I bring Hannah( my bike's name) in for her 1,000 mile service? Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
With your configuration you are wasting time and money. There isn't a damn thing that can be adjusted.

If on the other hand you had a PCIIIr you could run it, but it only makes sense to put it on a sniffer DJ250 with auto mapping software. There are only 3 of them in Phoenix as far as I know. The only one that is accessible to the public is at the Mesa dealer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hippo:
First, I want to say you've got to be the most helpful dude I've seen on this website, and with a sense of humor,too! I enjoyed your response to the guy who wanted to know how he was gonna break the news about his new bike to his wife. I hope I get a chance to meet you one day.
Anyway, you're saying Dyno testing is unnecessary in my situation. Any suggestion how I can get comfortable that my ride is behaving as it should be? Maybe just get an experienced rider to give it a spin?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Maybe one that rides the same model of bike. As particular as you seem to be the bike pretty much has to be close or you would be mentioning something.

These things are not made out of Waterford Crystal, they actually take a lot of abuse. Sort of like breaking in a horse, got to show them who is running things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts