V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the one dyno run i had done before my bike died on the dyno that night(broken pushrod )about a month ago. Its very wierd that the torq was at 104 at 2400 rpms then it had that spike down to 90 at 2600. crossed 100 lbs at 3200 again. graph only goes to 4800 rpms. The dyno guy had no real clue how to dyno the harley . In any case what is tha dip/crevis ? I certainly dont feel any dip ? on this graph max hp was 90 at 4800rpms and max torq was 107 at 3600. It is not tuned and as a final comment I will get it tuned one of these days hehe :thanks:

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Qhorin said:
this is the one dyno run i had done before my bike died on the dyno that night(broken pushrod )about a month ago. Its very wierd that the torq was at 104 at 2400 rpms then it had that spike down to 90 at 2600. crossed 100 lbs at 3200 again. graph only goes to 4800 rpms. The dyno guy had no real clue how to dyno the harley . In any case what is tha dip/crevis ? I certainly dont feel any dip ? on this graph max hp was 90 at 4800rpms and max torq was 107 at 3600. It is not tuned and as a final comment I will get it tuned one of these days hehe :thanks:

I believe you have actually answered your own question with this statement "The dyno guy had no real clue how to dyno the harley".

The line on the bottom of your sheet has to do with acceleration. The dyno allows the bike to accelerate at a given rate of acceleration. The line on the bottom should be relatively flat at that given rate. For example, 25 ft/sec/sec. Note that the line starts about 37.5 and then is drawn down to around 25. This would give a spike in the torque curve due to a false reading, in this case at about 2350 RPM's.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just bumping this back to the top so a dyno before tuning can be seen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts