V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scheduled for a dyno tune on Saturday. I'm running V&H Big Shot Longs with quiet baffles on an '06 FLSTCI. The quiet baffles seem to be pretty much closed at the rear, compared to the regular baffles, and the tuner said he thinks he'll have to drill a small hole in the baffles to get the probe where it needs to be.

Has anyone else had this done, and has the drilled hole caused the sound/tone/volume to change?

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Philip said:
I'm scheduled for a dyno tune on Saturday. I'm running V&H Big Shot Longs with quiet baffles on an '06 FLSTCI. The quiet baffles seem to be pretty much closed at the rear, compared to the regular baffles, and the tuner said he thinks he'll have to drill a small hole in the baffles to get the probe where it needs to be.

Has anyone else had this done, and has the drilled hole caused the sound/tone/volume to change?
It's like getting a shot....don't look and it won't hurt.....:laugh: The hole should only be 5/16''....that won't hurt anything at all.

·
OldBoldPilot
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

HDMD88 said:
It's like getting a shot....don't look and it won't hurt.....:laugh: The hole should only be 5/16''....that won't hurt anything at all.
That's what I was told -- that it wouldn't make any difference -- but it's nice to hear it from another pro. And believe me, I won't look :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts