V-Twin Forum banner

Dyno tuning

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Uncle Salty 
#1 ·
I’m not all that familiar with the Milwaukee 8 motor so I thought I would post a question, not trying to stir the pot. A friend just bought a new 2020 road glide and is doing a stage 1 on it. I recommended that he have it Dyno tuned for best results.

I was informed that there isn’t any need to perform a dyno tune because the downloads today are as good or better then putting the bike on the Dyno. Is this true?

#6 ·
I’m not all that familiar with the Milwaukee 8 motor so I thought I would post a question, not trying to stir the pot. A friend just bought a new 2020 road glide and is doing a stage 1 on it. I recommended that he have it Dyno tuned for best results.

I was informed that there isn’t any need to perform a dyno tune because the downloads today are as good or better then putting the bike on the Dyno. Is this true?
have it dumped with no adjustments before you do anything to it. Then do what ever you want to it. Then stick it back on a Dyno with no adjustments. See what a stock Harley Stage One gives you?

#7 ·
A while back I watched a dealer sell a customer a SE tuner with the auto tune box, and then sell him a $350 dyno pull.

$350 to basically fine tune the spark map? Like the man said, there is a sucker born every day. And lots of dealers sitting on dynos that aren't paid for yet.

#8 ·
What will the latest auto tuning devices do? Can you just plug one in and let it set A/F and ignition timing to provide optimum fuel economy while cruising and best power when it's needed? I guess that would be the ideal tuning device but I doubt they have advanced that far. I would imagine they need an operator that has some tuning skills and a method to measure performance, correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.