V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I expect to pay for performance tuning on the dyno? The shop that I have talked with charges $250.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
It depends on what all they are going to do. Latus in Portland charges $100 per hour on the dyno. $250 for a full tune and dyno sounds about right.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Familyman said:
What should I expect to pay for performance tuning on the dyno? The shop that I have talked with charges $250.

Thanks in advance.
What bike do you have? carb? efi?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
You should figure on paying the shop rate for as long as it takes.

I think Skip charged me $150 to dyno tune my HO 95 in motor (with a SERT).

regards,

wyo

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Dyno tuning could reach as much as $500.00 to do a good and complete job on a SERT. Most Dyno tunes are AFR, Ignition Timing, and Exhaust tuning, this can take up to 4 to 5 hours. Most shops charge from $250.00 to $350.00 on an average. There might be an extra charge for mapping each cylinder when running True Duals.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
BryanL said:
It depends on what all they are going to do. Latus in Portland charges $100 per hour on the dyno. $250 for a full tune and dyno sounds about right.
Have you used Latus? Who tuned your bike and are you happy with the results. Whats the build you had tuned by them?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I paid $240 (4 hours at $60) for my dyno tune today on my '06 RG. They spent more hours than that with my bike on the dyno working out the map on my SERT. This was with Corpus Christi Harley-Davidson, who just recently got a dyno set up that they can now truly tune on.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
adlerx said:
Have you used Latus? Who tuned your bike and are you happy with the results. Whats the build you had tuned by them?
Mike Stegmann at Latus tuned my '05 FLHRCI. This bike run great. Latus is my choice of dealers in the Portland/Vancouver area. Sales and service is above the rest. I've delt with all of them.

Dave

'05 FLHRCI- Black Cherry
95" w/ SE Cast Flat Tops 10.25:1 CR
SE 211 Cam
Baisley LMR 002 Spring
Stage 1 w/ K&N air filter
SE Performance Mufflers
SERT/Dyno - custom map by Mike Stegmann
87.38 HP
105.16 Torque

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totenkopf said:
What bike do you have? carb? efi?
04 FXSTI - stock at his point but adding DynoJet Power Commander III, Wimmer 90 degree super filter and Bub Enterprises 2 1/2 inch "Jug Huggers" ... which leads me to the dyno.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts