V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today we got to do a dyno run at my local shop after I installed the TW-5G
I am posting the comparison of the last run with the SE-211 and the new run with the TW-5G the only difference is the settings on the HI-4TC ign.
The settings on the SE-211 were multispark on, initial -3, Slope 5 (blue)
The settings on the TW-5G were multispark off, initial -2, Slope 5 (red)
Today there were around 5 or 6 runs done to come up with the igntion settings. The HRS 45 had a main jet of 170 for both set ups.
My combo is my signature:

Sorry I guess I should have been clearer.
SE 211 is in blue
TW-5G is in red

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
I am posting the comparison of the last run with the SE-211 and the new run with the TW-5G the only difference is the settings on the HI-4TC ign.
Today there were around 5 or 6 runs done to come up with the igntion settings. The HRS 45 had a main jet of 170 for both set ups.

I think there is more to be had yet hotshotfxdl.............a 1" spacer between the t/body or an add on venturi that sits inside the Aircleaner like J.E.T. Technologies will get you bigger torque numbers and idle and intermediate fuel system adjustments will get you more torque as well.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
jmorton10 said:
How do the two cams compare??(I can't view the image)

~John

91.3 HP, 98.6 TQ vs 92.5 HP, 100.8 TQ (no indication of which is which)

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ozzie In Arabia said:
I think there is more to be had yet hotshotfxdl.............a 1" spacer between the t/body or an add on venturi that sits inside the Aircleaner like J.E.T. Technologies will get you bigger torque numbers and idle and intermediate fuel system adjustments will get you more torque as well.

All the best, Ozzie
I agree there should be more I was a little disapointed but the torque curve has moved nicely, for that seat of the pants feel. I am hoping to see some results from a job that DOC is doing with the HTCC heads as there is a question about the step in the heads, he has removed it and I want to see what it does for him

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well one thing is that the AFR curve for the blue run is way off. hard to compare the runs without correct tuning. I am assuming that the red run is your tw5 run. I have done bunches of the tw5 swap from the 211 and you do see some small peak gains. But the real story is the low rpm tq increase. Also the tw5 like to have some timing added.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hotshotfxdl said:

Sorry I guess I should have been clearer.
SE 211 is in blue
TW-5G is in red

Yes the blue is the SE-211
Yes the red is the TW-5G

Yes the intent was to increase and move the torque to kick in at a lower rpm.
Any suggestions on how to get more out of the combo ??
Here are the charts form the ignition setting that were tried
Blue is multispark on, initial 0 slope 5
Red is multispark on, initial -2 slope 5
Green is multispark off, initial -2 slope 5

we went as high as -3 slope 6 and it made less tq/hp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts