V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local Harley dealership installed Rinehart True Duals (with the O2 bung), Terry Components Terminal Velocity II, and Stage I high flow air cleaner on my 2004 FLHTPI (EG police model).

Another local HD dealership dynoed the bike after the work was done and the bike ridden about 250 miles. The dyno typically shows 62 hp and 68 ft.lbs torque for a bone stock 88 inch EFI motor; and 72 hp and 79 ft. lbs torque for a Rinehart True Duals, Stage I and Screamin Eagle Race Tuner package installation.

With these numbers as a frame of reference (since I had no dyno runs on my bike in stock condition), the three dyno runs were: Run 1: 72.67 hp/77.64 torque; Run 2: 73.36 hp/77.69 torque; and, Run 3: 74.04 hp/78.40 torque.

Also, the SERT runs are done with the rev limit raised to 6200; my rev limit remained at the factory setting of 5500, so there might be slightly more hp available.

Personally, I am not concerned with the precise hp and torque numbers; I only provided them since I have them. For me, the combination works well in that it delivers noticeable power improvement and great sound (for my ear at least), and since the Terry product will automatically retune the EFI for altitude, the bike should run fine during this Summer's ride through the Rockies. And I didn't mind not paying for the dyno time tuning the SERT would have required. In fact, I would have had no dyno time except I was curious to see the numbers for the installation on my bike.

If you are interested in simple mods to your stock 88 inch twin cam, I recommend you give consideration to this package--it ain't cheap, but if you are considering true duals and a fuel management system, this is a very good way to go IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure when you say "what the afr looked like" what it is you are asking. The graphing of the afr on the dyno report doesn't give precise numbers. It appears that runs two and three were run on the baseline optimum afr (which appears to my eye to be greater than 13.0 but less than 13.5 according to the data shown on the graph). The first run shows the AFR being somewhat below optimum until about 4K rpm, then increasing past the optimum AFR through the rev limit of 5.5K rpm. HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts