V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been installing a few expensive goodies over the last few weeks. Did it myself, spent a fortune on tools. Needed to see what things looked like in there. :blink: And wanted to look at the chain tensioners at 20k miles. They were like new. Oh well. Thought I'd let y'all know how she turned out. The bike was set up this way when I bought her new:
SE Big Bore Stage II Kit (w/ SE204 cams instead of 203)
SE Pro Perf Touring Muffs p/n 65115-98B

How she's equipped now:
Kept the pistons (Cast Big Bore 9.4:1) and jugs
Kept the SE Heavy Duty Clutch Spring
New reduced effort clutch ramps
AMS Ported Heads
AMS Lifters
SE Quick-install pushrod kit
Cometic .030" Head Gaskets
Andrews/S&S Gear Drive
Andrews TW37G Cams
SE Race Tuner

After finishing up the build last weekend, we were relieved to start her up and hear no more damned clattering (HD lifters?). Took her in for the Race Tuner and dyno tune job. Picked her up last night, here's the results.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
How does the clutch feel with the new ramps and the heavy spring? I have the heavy spring and would like a lighter pull!

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
xler8r said:
How does the clutch feel with the new ramps and the heavy spring? I have the heavy spring and would like a lighter pull!
I've got that combo. Very little different than stock for an '05.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
lostdutchman said:
Been installing a few expensive goodies over the last few weeks. Did it myself, spent a fortune on tools. Needed to see what things looked like in there. :blink: And wanted to look at the chain tensioners at 20k miles. They were like new. Oh well. Thought I'd let y'all know how she turned out. The bike was set up this way when I bought her new:
SE Big Bore Stage II Kit (w/ SE204 cams instead of 203)
SE Pro Perf Touring Muffs p/n 65115-98B

How she's equipped now:
Kept the pistons (Cast Big Bore 9.4:1) and jugs
Kept the SE Heavy Duty Clutch Spring
New reduced effort clutch ramps
AMS Ported Heads
AMS Lifters
SE Quick-install pushrod kit
Cometic .030" Head Gaskets
Andrews/S&S Gear Drive
Andrews TW37G Cams
SE Race Tuner

After finishing up the build last weekend, we were relieved to start her up and hear no more damned clattering (HD lifters?). Took her in for the Race Tuner and dyno tune job. Picked her up last night, here's the results.
The build is short on hp and tq.. wonder how many cc the heads are.. i have a setup like that with the andrews 26 camset and its a nice runner and pulls hard you must have left the heads a 85 cc.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Nice AFR line, flattest I've ever seen! Exhaust would help you get quite a bit more I bet. Just doesn't look like the 37's I've seen on here, more like a 26....

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I've got that combo. Very little different than stock for an '05.
Well that would be quite an improvement!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I won't mock ya for it! My left hand cramps real fast when riding in town!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
happyman said:
The build is short on hp and tq.. wonder how many cc the heads are.. i have a setup like that with the andrews 26 camset and its a nice runner and pulls hard you must have left the heads a 85 cc.
AMS told me they only take off enough to get em clean and correct surface, that they should be 83-84cc. I'm sure my nice, quiet muffs are killing the top end a little, but the torque curve looks nice and flat. 85 ft lbs at 2700 is good for hauling my fat butt around. And I like 'em a little quiet, neither the wife or I like earplugs, and we do a fair amount of long distance. My goal here was gear drive for longevity, and SERT for tuneability. My other setup was OK, but pinged like crazy in warm weather, and I don't think the stock lifters were ever right (noisy at idle and cruising speed).

Clutch ramps worked out good, quite a bit less pull required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts