V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last 95 build for my fatboy (not current one) I had it dyno'd and I had 104hp / 105T. I wanted the bike to be a little quicker off the line so I pulled the 32T front pulley off and put a 30T front pulley on. I then re-dyno'd the bike and had 101hp/103T. The dyno kid that did it said lower gearing or changes like a 30T front pulley result in lower dyno numbers on a dyno using rear wheel measurements. My question is: is this true???

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
davemhughes said:
On my last 95 build for my fatboy (not current one) I had it dyno'd and I had 104hp / 105T. I wanted the bike to be a little quicker off the line so I pulled the 32T front pulley off and put a 30T front pulley on. I then re-dyno'd the bike and had 101hp/103T. The dyno kid that did it said lower gearing or changes like a 30T front pulley result in lower dyno numbers on a dyno using rear wheel measurements. My question is: is this true???

check this out http://v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68754&page=2 post 49

3 hp/tq are within the tolerance of a dyno anyway

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I read lower gearing actually increases Torque numbers usually.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Apples to Apples comparison?

AS VH said, you are in the gray area of dyno tolerance. You could dyno it again elsewhere on a different dyno with different weather and get higher numbers instead.

The only way to get a 99% accuracy before and after changing a component is:

- Run on the same dyno by the same operator on the same day (or a damnn similar day, weather wise)

How were your two runs done in comparison to this method?

·
Registered
98 Posts
davemhughes said:
I would say so you have the results...but the bike is quicker and faster up to a certain point and probably feels a lot stronger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts