V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded my 02 FHLRCI from stage 1 (re flash/aircleaner/slip ons) to a factory big bore stage 2 (95", 203 cams/PC3r and bassini headers). Very nice improvement.

Had it dynoed just before the stage 2, the stage 1 = 68hp and 78 lbs of TQ. After the stage 2, hp is 81.5 and TQ is 92, 20% increase in HP, and 17% TQ. These numbers are a little higher than those in the book, but not much. Since I already had the stage 1, I am surprised a 8% increase in size yielded such large % increases in HP and TQ (I thought the 203 cams were VERY mild?). Any thoughts??

The easiest way to compare the difference is that a couple of times I have twisted it fairly hard from 45-50 or so to 65- 70 mph or so in 4th. When I went to shift into 5th, I realized I was already there.

Idle seems a little rough (see thread from Chinorider), but not bad, otherwise drivability the same, just a lot more power. Too soon to tell about mileage.

My plan now is to upgrade the heads (hopefully have HIPPO flow the current ones) and try bigger (streetable) cams. Based on these baselines so far, i would be curious what I might expect??

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Normally I would say not that much more, maybe close to 100TQ and possibly near 90HP, but yesterday I finished a 02 RK and may have found something.
I rarely come back with a smile from a test ride, but this time I did, the thing was strong but it wasn't so much the brute power as the quality of the power, the best way to describe it is like a sledgehammer wrapped in purple velvet.
Didn't get to dyno it though. The numbers don't mean that much to me, but it would have been interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TellmeTellmeTellmeTellmeTellme...............Not that I'm That interested (LOL). Perhaps you could pm me your shop #, I'd also like to see if there is any feasable way to get heads flowed on an "exchange" basis, so bike isn't "down". Would also give good excuse to visit home (Phoenix).

I'm really happy with it right now, will probably try to put 10k on it so lookin at maybe March or so.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
We have plenty of ready heads, but it's anyones guess what will be going on next march. It would be best if we knew the exact combination to be used as past a certain point we need to know specific data to set things up for the specific bike.
The # is (480) 921 1446. Most of the time I get there a little after 10 and leave around 3 pm, but you can talk to Charlie who is there most of the time from 5 am on. I hate phones. LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts