V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(hp x 5252) / rpm = :)
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what a normal wait time is to get "tuned"....not just a map and then shoved out the door but "tuned".....

Seems that it varies based on the location/dealer/indy etc but just curious...

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
This will be interesting to see the responses on this. Some people think that dyno time should be bought in hours and that is crazy. A proper tuner should be able to get you in and out in a short period of time by starting with a map that is close and then fine tuning it for your build. If the tuner is incompetent then I can see why you would end up being there for a while.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
If you mean the wait to even get in the dyno? Last I checked, the wait at Fremont Cycle Center (HD Dealer) was 2 months. But that was back in December. I have no clue what it is now.

As for the tuning itself, the same shop says they block out 4 hours for the tune, but you only pay for the time your there. So I guess it depends on how funky your build is...

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Start to finish on my fresh build, totally custom map.........3 hours.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
A Stage 1 should only take a few runs, maybe an hour. A performance build will take 2.5-3 hours if you want all the performance you paid for.

If your tuner doesn't know what he is doing, he will charge you a flat rate, dump a canned map, run it once, fatten the fuel, run it again, print you a sheet, shout "next" and tell you "that's as good as it gets". If that's what your tuner is telling you, you have left HP and Torque on the table.

A flat rate tuner is looking for quantity, not quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts