V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm not a motor cycle rag... but I can turn a wrench from time to time and a fair appliance repair man... at least I think so... However, I have a question or two about Jet Kits.. I have a bare bones (stock) 2003-XLH 1200, plain Jane EVO 1200 with what I would guess is a standard old CV Carb and I would like to open it up... ie with a Jet Kit, breather and exhaust . I can handle the breather and exhaust but a little confused about the dyno-jet kits.. Question: Can I install myself? and after the install are there many adjustments that will have to be done? If so will I need any special equipment for the adjustments? OOORRR should I just bite the bullet and take the bike to the dealer for the kit install... Thanks for your advise..

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
THERE ARE SOME UPGRADES TO THE CARB YOU CAN DO THAT REQUIRE VERY LITTLE CASH OUT OF POCKET.
CHECK OUT WWW.NIGHTRIDER.COM
THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF USEFUL INFO. AND YES THE KIT YOU DESCRIBED IS A PRETTY SIMLPLE INSTALL

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i put the kit in my evo and it was easy to do. changing jets is easy and doesnt require removing from the bike either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did the rejet job in my garage this summer. Very easy to do. I removed the carb to make the job a whole lot easier, as a matter of fact, I don't think you can get to everything to do the whole installation without removing it. You should do the whole installation (enlarge the small hole on the side of the slide as per instructions and install the accelerator pump tube with new triangle weight). When you assemble, do not put the plastic feet over the drilled hole.

Everything is included in the kit. It is easy. My first time and bike runs like a scalded dog!!! Any questions just ping me e-mail.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
The kit is easy to install. I did it in about 20 minutes and have never done one before. I removed the carb, install the kit, and reinstalled the carb. The kit has detailed instructions on how to install every thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts