V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Just got the bike back from the dealer. For those of you that read my Carb thread, the dealer said that the carb never puked fuel when they had it. Anyway, I had them run it on the dyno, and am a little upset. My peak HP was 58 and my torque was 71.

The bike, bought used, was said to have compression, cam, pipes and air cleaner kit. The pipe and air filter are obvious, but you can see a cam and compression. The bike does sound lumpy at idle though.
So the dealer says that the dyno info is pretty bad and maybe the pipes are killing about 10 hp. He said that with the mods I mentioned, I should have around 80hp.

Any ideas? Could the cam be too big? Would a 2-1 pipe really give me 10+ hp?

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
hi, here is my dyno. i have the new vance and hines bigshot longs with the hidden crossover, thunderslide, and s+s intake with k&n. the bike has alot more power than when it was stock.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Otter,
Your graph is about where I should be. Does anyone think that my 2" drag pipes w/o baffles could kill off about 7-10 hp? I figured maybe 2-3.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
dont sound right. i hope you didnt pay extra for the "supposed" performance parts. i think the vance and hines with the hidden crossover made a big difference on my ride. it is a 95 heritage softail with the 80"evo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts