V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me the difference between the dyna tc88-1 and the tc88-2 ignition. It seems like some forums have some good to say about this ignition and rate it as good as the crane. Others say it causes more problems and looses power. One guy said that it produced good power but the performance harley module produced a bit more. The difference was the dyna module produced smoother power. So I don't know. Yes the twin tec, HQ, Zippers Module is a leep forward for ignitions. But does a street machine with 9.5:1 compression and a tw37 need the twin tec?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
As i said before I tested the dyna II against a SE module the dyna made more HP&TQ. The Dyna has many features like many curves to choose from the SE has one it if works great if not too bad. The curve on the SE is aggressive it poor fuel or heavy load( lugging) you may get spark knock. Most likely you will never hear as the knock sensor will retard timing. Adjustable rev limiter on the dyna none on the se.

I think the se is a great module but it not the end all be all. Some bike's need more thatn one curve to run their best.

As for the question does your bike need it YOU need to make that choice as the info has been posted here on this board. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts