V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a dyno appointment next week with an outfit running a model 250 Dynojet with I-Link capability. My 99 RKC is also outfitted with a PCIII usb and true dual exhaust, so I’m expecting at the very least the dyno tech should be able to get my A/F ratio spot on for both front and rear cylinders.
For those of you familiar with this dynamometer system I’d like to inquire; can this dynamometer induce a load back to the motor for deceleration tuning and can I-Link analyze for optimal timing?

Any other dyno system or PCIII capabilities or short comings I should know about so that I might be informed well enough to insure the tech doesn’t just do a minimal effort job?

·
Registered
460 Posts
mlewis said:
I’ve got a dyno appointment next week with an outfit running a model 250 Dynojet with I-Link capability. My 99 RKC is also outfitted with a PCIII usb and true dual exhaust, so I’m expecting at the very least the dyno tech should be able to get my A/F ratio spot on for both front and rear cylinders.
For those of you familiar with this dynamometer system I’d like to inquire; can this dynamometer induce a load back to the motor for deceleration tuning and can I-Link analyze for optimal timing?

Any other dyno system or PCIII capabilities or short comings I should know about so that I might be informed well enough to insure the tech doesn’t just do a minimal effort job?
MODEL 250i

The MODEL 250i Load Control Dynamometer is perfect for engine break-in, durability testing and fuel injection mapping. It's like getting two Dyno's in one package as all the features of the Dynojet Inertia Dynamometer are maintained.

Dynojet's Load Control System uses the latest in eddy current power absorption technology, which combines with our easy-to-use software to give any technician repeatable, consistent results. The Load Control software provides a technician with the ability to control vehicle RPM or speed at any throttle opening. Through our exclusive closed-loop software design, the vehicle is automatically held at the pre determined setting.

Now if you don't trust the shop doing the tuning don't go there! Ask around before you go there and see if others are satified with there tuning. A little knowledge can be worst than none at all. You may think you precieve a problem when there is none at all. If you go in thinking your are going to get screwed by the tuner, unless you get or better your precieved numbers you will probably leave thinking you got screwed by the tuner.

A PC is no magic bullet that will solve problems induced by the owners part choices.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbotc, thanks for the rundown on 250 capabilities, sounds like my dyno tech should have all he needs for A/F analysis. I agree that a little knowledge (on my part) could be dangerous if I expect too much, I’ll try to say out of their hair! Before I found this forum, I inquired with the dyno service I’m scheduled with and was impressed with what they claimed they could do for me. However, I have no other references from others about their service other than they are accredited by Dynojet. The best reference I’ve found on this forum for my area may be a dead end for a while as the recommended tuner suffered a heart attack recently. I’ve already dialed the bike in pretty good on my own, so I’m going on faith with the service I’ve chosen that the results can only be an improvement.

If all goes well, I’ll add him to the ‘top tuners’ thread.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Doc, guess that was a typo. So does the 'Tuning Link' help analyze ignition timing as well as AFR, or is that strictly up to the tuners judgment?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts