V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a seat from eBay advertised to fit all 96-up Dynas. I have a 96 FXDS Convertible, and it turns out (after paying - silly me) that the seat is for a 96-up FXDWG Wide Glide. The front and rear mounting points appear to be about an inch further apart on a Wide Glide.

Is there any way of modifying the WG seat to fit the Convertible? The front bracket appears to have been riveted in place, so I can't see you can move or modify it? Any ideas??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi there, I just ran into the opposite problem. I bought the bobtail rear fender kit from Harley. It is made to fit my FXD. Unfortunately when I went to put my seat on it was too short. The customer service dude said that the engineers just realised the goof up and will probably start including the longer rear bracket with the fenders from now on. He told me that there are different length brackets available. They may have one short enough for you application. Me? I'm gonna try to find a cheap used wide glide seat on EBAY. Mmmmmm......what kinda seat was that you bought?:D
Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts