V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions. I used to have a dyna fxd and currently ride a sporty custom. I'm looking to get back on a big twin. I'm looking at another fxd or softail standard. How is the solid mounted motor as compared to the rubber mount. I know it's supposed to be balanced but is it as good as my dyna was? Any other opinions comparing the models would be appreciated. thanks
haksaw

·
Registered
129 Posts
FXD or FXST

In October I spent two days at the Gold Coast bike week just testing all the 03 Harleys , the pick of them all was the Softail standard , no vices , good ground clerance , comfortable bars and seat , an all round good ride in stock trim . I was very surprised how good it was .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I looked at both myself. Bought the '03 Softail, the 88B is exceptionally smooth even being solid mounted. Liked the look and ride of the Softail, the extra length makes a real difference, at least IMHO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, I guess it's up 2 U!!

Can't STAND the disgusting looks of the rear fender on the Softail STANDARD.....or any other scooter that has the "flaired" fender...PUKE!!

The dyna glide is cheaper....and looks better!! PLUS....ya' don't have all that "counter-balancing" sh!t to worry about like ya' do in the Softail.....I must admit that I had an '00 Heritage Softail (one WITHOUT the flaired rear fender) and I had no problems with it other than the volt. reg. went out JUST after the warranty went out....but the counter-balancing crap always kinda' bothered me.....I put almost 16k miles on it & bought a '02 FLHT.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts