V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the engine on a Dyna Super Glide is a dull color. Will the color get duller in time (after heat and long term use) or does it stay the color it is. Other than dipping it in chrome is there a better way to dress it up? I was just wondering because I am still tied between getting the chromed out Sporty 1200 custom or the not so chrome Dyna Super Glide?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Or get the Dyna and throw a grand at it for the chrome engine/primary kit. Still cheaper than the FXDL and virtually the same bike!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do like I did. FXDX. All black motor, then add chrome goodies. Balck and chrome is THE combo.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Or get the FXDXT and take off the screen and bags (until you need them). The 2003 is chromed.

But how about getting into a dealer and sitting on/test riding them?

They all look interesting on paper, but get on the bikes and one of them will start speaking to you. That's what happened to me. Emptied my bank balance immediately. I paid out and rode off. FXDL. Never expected it to happen, but she just kidnapped me, then named herself on the way home.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Super Glide

Go with the Super Glide, I did . This bike has a lot of potential and is the best handling H-D in the line up. My Super Glide is a 1990. I bought it in 1992 with only 5500 miles on it . It now has 65,000 miles and the engine still looks great. Where I live I have to store it in the house in the winter. Take care of your bike and it really pays off. I would never trade my Super Glide for a Sportster. It's a terrific bike. Enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts