V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I think that Dyna riders got cheated when it comes to accesories and after market parts. I see cool seats, tank panels, bags, pouches, chrome parts, ect. that won't fit the Dynas. I know that they would sell if they were available. One thing that I looked for was some kind of different tank panel and pouch that would fit a FXD, FXDX, or FXDS like mine. Plenty for the softails and wide glides. But none that looked as good as the HD pouches to fit mine. So as usual I had to modify a pouch to fit along with the shortening of the chrome center panel. It doesn't look as good as a factory fit but I wanted this HD pouch! All I need to do now is find some black studs to match my saddlebags and seat and the modification will be complete. I know that a lot of you do the same type of thing to your bikes. I'd like to hear about your mods and see pictures if you got um.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have often thought the same as you .It seems there is a lot more stuff for the softails,especially pipes and seats.
I have an 01 FXD which I really like.Here are my additions to date:Cycle Shack slip ons,S.E. air filter assembly,Kuryaken grips,bullet turn signals. I have spent way too much money on windshields trying to find one I like.I would like to add forward controls,lower the suspension,and a different seat in the future.
Later! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the modification you've done.

I bought a FXDX tank off of ebay for $90.00. Smoothed out the weld seam on top of the tank, and repainted all black without the Harley Davidson on the sides. Next, I modifed the tank bib similar to what you've done only a little smaller(about the width of a nickel).
I put a mural on top of the tank ( two snakes crossing over each other with there heads coming together into a sun) the snakes and sun are also black. What sets it off, fogged around the snake and sun with Diamond Ice Pearl. Image was from the Blues/Rock band Indigenous. Way Cool.
I'm getting a digital camera for x-mas, I'll post a picture soon after.

Future mods include: routing the wiring in the handlebars.

FREEDOM IS IN THE WIND!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dynasport said:
I like the modification you've done.

I bought a FXDX tank off of ebay for $90.00. Smoothed out the weld seam on top of the tank, and repainted all black without the Harley Davidson on the sides. Next, I modifed the tank bib similar to what you've done only a little smaller(about the width of a nickel).
I put a mural on top of the tank ( two snakes crossing over each other with there heads coming together into a sun) the snakes and sun are also black. What sets it off, fogged around the snake and sun with Diamond Ice Pearl. Image was from the Blues/Rock band Indigenous. Way Cool.
I'm getting a digital camera for x-mas, I'll post a picture soon after.

Future mods include: routing the wiring in the handlebars.

FREEDOM IS IN THE WIND!

Welcome to the forum Dynasport.:) . I can't wait till you post a picture of it. Sounds cool. I was wondering if anything could be done about the tank seam. If I ever have the extra money for a paint job somewhere down the road, I was thinking of changing tanks or modifying mine. I really would like a low rider type tank one day with the speedo on the tank. I wonder if a wide glide style tank would fit without too much modification? Anyone know about the mounts and how they would line up?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bars

Hey tc88,
What was the part number of the buckhorns you used? Was thinking of doing the same thing. Did you run the wires inside the bars?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Bars

Gunnerp245 said:
Hey tc88,
What was the part number of the buckhorns you used? Was thinking of doing the same thing. Did you run the wires inside the bars?
Hey Gunnerp245,

My bike came with buckhorns. Not a bad bar for comfort. But I chose another bar. If you want the buckhorns that came off of mine,,,email me with the info and I'll send them to you. I'm not sure if your cables will reach,,,,not sure what your riding and what you have now but I don't need these bars any more.

FifthGear:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts