V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley-Davidson Recalling 13,400

MILWAUKEE -(Dow Jones)- Harley-Davidson Motor Co. (HDI) issued a voluntary safety recall on its 2006 Dyna series motorcycles for a possible transmission defect.

In a press release Tuesday, the motorcycle manufacturer said approximately 13, 400 motorcycles built between June 9 and Oct. 19, 2005 are included in the recall.

Harley-Davidson said transmissions in the affected motorcycles have a defect which under certain circumstances may allow them to go into a false neutral position even though the neutral indicator light is illuminated.

The company estimates the costs associated with the recall will be less than $ 5 million and said it will reserve these costs in the fourth quarter.

Harley-Davidson's NYSE-traded shares closed Tuesday at $54.47, down 38 cents, or 0.7%.

-Jennifer Tershak; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5400; [email protected] dowjones.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

11-22-05 2130ET

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stuff happens. Went thru the same thing with the recall on my Roadstar tranny. Atleast they don't have to split the case like they did to do mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, mine has never done this and only two have been reported. Even in prototype testing, some maladies won't show themselves.

·
Registered
181 Posts
azrider said:
Well, mine has never done this and only two have been reported. Even in prototype testing, some maladies won't show themselves.
Mine hasn't done it either but we may as well go get the new parts installed free of charge.

I just hope they come through with that pick up and delivery mentioned because it snowed 2 inches here today and I don't think I'll be riding anywhere for the rest of the year.

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
So that's why my wife's '06 Street Bob got pushed out a few weeks. Oh well, don't mind waiting a few more weeks so long as they have the wrinkles ironed out.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
This must be a big deal since this is now the third thread I've seen here for it. :roflback: :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts