V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 dyna street bob

my bike has been cutting out intermittently while riding the engine will cut out for a moment then come straight back on causing a slight jerk when this happens the speedo needle will go to zero then back up to my speed, this can also happen when clutch pulled in or in neutral but wont come back on although will start straight away.
no codes are produced

i brought it back to the dealer who after 2 months of looking for the problem (they said it was difficult to find because no codes and it was intermittent meaning they couldn't reliably test it.) they replaced the ecm and the problem seemed to be gone. the day after i rode it for 3 hours and no problem then a few days later it started happening again.

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is an ignition recall, I'm not positive it will apply to your bike or not but I'm almost positive it is late model dyna's being affected. Do a quick Google search and it should come up, type your vin in and find out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks like that recall is for the ignition switch would think they would have looked to see if yours was part of that recall but you never know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it looks like only the low rider was recalled for this problem, i entered my vin and nothing came up. the low rider has the switch on the side where the horn normally is mine is on the tank console. but i assume that they would be similar switches?

one time when it cut out i had a hard time starting it again and when it did start it would die again unless i had the throttle on, it worked normally again in a few minutes this only happened once so may be an unrelated problem but may help diagnose.

·
Registered
342 Posts
2015 still under factory warranty u need to take it back to dealer and raise hell and get MoCo involved leave it there till they figure it out.Tell them to give you a loaner and call me when its figured out and fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 dyna street bob

my bike has been cutting out intermittently while riding the engine will cut out for a moment then come straight back on causing a slight jerk when this happens the speedo needle will go to zero then back up to my speed, this can also happen when clutch pulled in or in neutral but wont come back on although will start straight away.
no codes are produced

i brought it back to the dealer who after 2 months of looking for the problem (they said it was difficult to find because no codes and it was intermittent meaning they couldn't reliably test it.) they replaced the ecm and the problem seemed to be gone. the day after i rode it for 3 hours and no problem then a few days later it started happening again.

ouch- last time out my 2008 FXDL started the Exact Same Thing- I checked the battery and all connections are ok-
what did you finally find as the problem/solution?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 dyna street bob

no codes are produced

I've been having this issue intermittently for over a year on my 2014 Dyna WideGlide. It would throw random codes that would never pan out. The bike would go completely dead then magically turn back on with no explanation. It did it to me today and left me on the side of the road for about an hour until I figured out the problem. I'm assuming the 2015 Streetbob and 2014 FXDWG have very similar if not the same harnessing. It turned out to be my main fuse harness contacts. They had opened up over time and weren't holding the main fuse well at all. Check and see how well those contacts are holding your fuse. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Have you looked into the fuel system?
Pump, lines, injectors and of course wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 dyna street bob

no codes are produced

I've been having this issue intermittently for over a year on my 2014 Dyna WideGlide. It would throw random codes that would never pan out. The bike would go completely dead then magically turn back on with no explanation. It did it to me today and left me on the side of the road for about an hour until I figured out the problem. I'm assuming the 2016 Streetbob and 2014 FXDWG have very similar if not the same harnessing. It turned out to be my main fuse harness contacts. They had opened up over time and weren't holding the main fuse well at all. Check and see how well those contacts are holding your fuse. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts