V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen any really different options to these covers. This winter one of the things I want to change on my bike is the Battery / Electical box and coil covers. There are many nice lines on the dyna's but I think I would like to change these area's. I mean that battery box is so square ? Any idea's or pictures would be cool. I have attached two pictures below my bike (black) and a picture I saw on the net of a Wide Glide
check out the battery box on that wide glide.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
I was wondering if anyone has seen any really different options to these covers. This winter one of the things I want to change on my bike is the Battery / Electical box and coil covers. There are many nice lines on the dyna's but I think I would like to change these area's. I mean that battery box is so square ? Any idea's or pictures would be cool. I have attached two pictures below my bike (black) and a picture I saw on the net of a Wide Glide
check out the battery box on that wide glide.
Here's the Harley one-piece battery cover that you can get from any dealer. I like it a lot better than the stock cover.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Battery cover

Battery cover? Heck, mine's just the battery itself with a mounting bracket! I kinda like it that way, actually. Now...the coil is a different story for me.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm that's kinda interesting. I have seen coils wit the cover off.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I left the battery stock - I like the plain black look. On the electrical cover on the left side, I panted the screw heads and washers black. I think it's a big improvement because your eyes aren't drawn to those 4 screws.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Here is an older picture of my 04 with the Harley Electrical Panel cover. I like it a lot and I think it really cleans up that side of the bike. Good luck with the battey cover though, there aren't a lot of options for either one.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FXD-Tim said:
I left the battery stock - I like the plain black look. On the electrical cover on the left side, I panted the screw heads and washers black. I think it's a big improvement because your eyes aren't drawn to those 4 screws.
Yeah if I cant come up with anything really different I am going to paint my battery box black and the electical/coil cover black too. Mine is all chrome right now. I am going to go at it with some cardboard cut outs this weekend s=and see if I can come up with a design to make out of metal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hotshot
What year is your bike? If you have a chrome electrical panel and you want a black one, maybe we could trade if they fit. Mine FXD is a 2001 and the cover is already black. I was looking at a chrome one to put on over the winter. No battery box tho. :hmmm:

Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts