V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll start by saying i'm on my 3rd harley been riding as long as i can remember.too many off brand bikes to count over the years. that being said still miss my FXR SHOULD HAVE NEVER PARTED WITH THAT BIKE! Dyna wideglide is cool looks good but it's not my FXR! Lol. Well The crank went out on my 95" stroker(big surprise) 93hp 96tq :cya:

instead of playing around with that thing i decided to bite the bullet and get a S.E. 120R Crate engine:woohoo: it's looking like it was about to be time to replace the drive belt so my question is it worth converting it over to chain drive?
or will the Kevlar belt hold up to me thrashing it on daily?
I plan on installing a Barnett scorpion clutch to help keep it locked up. I know the up side to the chain is I should be able to run a wider rear tire after I burn this one off. I should have the engine in my hands within a week so any help would be nice.
thanks,

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
The belt is holding up fine on my 06 Street Bob with the SE 120R. Have never felt like I need a chain to realize the full benefit, and as to wider tire, my bike has a 180 rear on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll start by saying i'm on my 3rd harley been riding as long as i can remember.too many off brand bikes to count over the years. that being said still miss my FXR SHOULD HAVE NEVER PARTED WITH THAT BIKE! Dyna wideglide is cool looks good but it's not my FXR! Lol. Well The crank went out on my 95" stroker(big surprise) 93hp 96tq :cya:

instead of playing around with that thing i decided to bite the bullet and get a S.E. 120R Crate engine:woohoo: it's looking like it was about to be time to replace the drive belt so my question is it worth converting it over to chain drive?
or will the Kevlar belt hold up to me thrashing it on daily?
I plan on installing a Barnett scorpion clutch to help keep it locked up. I know the up side to the chain is I should be able to run a wider rear tire after I burn this one off. I should have the engine in my hands within a week so any help would be nice.
thanks,
I have the 120rx hurricane engine still running the belt will change to chain when belt snaps,. Engine running 166 hp so good power its making.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts