V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently change my original dunlop on the front of my 2000 FLHRCI after 20,000 miles!!!
Does anybody know can I put a Venom x on the rear as they're cheaper, needs to be changed more often etc.
Can you use the two tyres at the same time safely?
Are they the same type of tread, radial or crossply etc???

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They are not radials.

Personally I don't mix tire brands but there are quite a few that do, and apparently they have no problems.

The Venom X is stickier and yet people say they get the same mileage out of them.

My concern is that bikes are designed to oversteer at the limit, and adding a stickier tire in rear only may be enough to cause the bike to understeer. If you don't push it, it probably be fine.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hippo!
I wouldn't normally mix at ALL, except I've just changed the front with a replacement Dunlop, and oviously its gonna last a while, now the back needs changed aswell.
I want to use venom x front AND rear, but have to get my money's worth out of the dunlop first. Had it sitting stored for a while, may as well use it!

Take it your one of the resident experts round here? I've been reading some of your other comments elsewhere and you seem to know what your talking about! well, more than me anyhow!!! heehee :)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just rode 30 odd mile in the pissing wet back from work, Dunlop on the front, Venomx on the back.
NO problems..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts