V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A .50cent part is rattling my cage.

The stamped tin cone that covers the low beam bulb in that fancy high-tech headlight keeps falling off and rattling around. It is held in place by a tab-in-slot. No adhesive, screws or fasteners, it’s just pressed in place. It has vibrated loose 3 times now. To re-install you must remove headlight assembly, remove both bulbs and insert your 2 index fingers in the bulb holes to manipulate the stupid piece of cheese back in the slot. Imagine what I look like in my garage while performing this ship-in-a-bottle exercise. After 3 episodes I am forced to resort to my dealer for a claim. Any suggestions out there:confused:

frustated

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would have them order in a new headlight.

If they aren't convinced, let them do theroutine and I'll bet they will.

Regards.

V-ROD I FL

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just a poor design that baffles my mind. Why would they think something this cheesy would function long term on such a high performance bike? I have 8months/3200 pampered miles on this bike. No excuse for this type of thing on $20K bike.
I'm off to the dealer today. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuperKaz said:
Rob ,
It's all that RWHP your making is Shakin your $hit loose!LOL,,,
Kaz.............
If that were the case Kaz, yours would be spitting parts out at a very alarming rate:D

The dealer was well aware of this issue and they ordered a new headlight no questions asked. How long that one lasts is anyones guess...:confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rob-You won't believe this, I was at the seminar and walked up to the drag bike that they had on display-sure enough the bulb cap was lying on the bottom of headlight. I'm sorry but I had to chuckle! I sincerly hope they get a fix soon
Best: Steve

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's too funny Steve.
Maybe the Vrod headlight is only rated @ 115hp?
So far mine's *hanging* in there:D

Sounds like you saw a lot of really cool stuff at the Vrod seminar. I'm looking forward to the trickle down...

speed safely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts