V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything that you do to a motorcycle they recommend that you disconnect the battery. I am looking through the install manual of my power commander and in no place does it tell you to disconnect the battery. Has anyone else installed their power commander? if so, are you supposed to disconnect it? This is wierd.

PK

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I always thought it was just to be safe so you didn't short something out by accident while working on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed it tonight and guess what, there is no possible way for this thing to go in without taking the battery out! All done and loaded. Pretty easy stuff. I got a chance to hear my new Bigshots staggered and holy poopers, it souns great. I will try to post some pics tonight. i would take it for a ride but it is a cool 6 degrees with snow outside here in Milwaukee.
Thanks for the help.
Pete

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
It is an aftermarket device used on fuel injected bikes. It plugs into the stock electronic control module (ECM) and allows adjustments to be made to fuel and ignition maps. You can use maps downloaded from the powercommander site and fine tune with a laptop computer, or adjust it with the controls on the unit or the most accurate way is to have a custom map done on a dynojet 250 dyno.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, its cold in Milwaukee....If you were in sunny Southern California yesterday it was around 75 degrees....Do you have snow chains for your bike.....LOL....

Ride Safe....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.