V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have 2 friends that own Dueces and they both have had problems with their taillight lenses just falling off the bike. We managed to retrieve one of them after one guy went over some RR tracks and it fell to the ground. The plastic clip that is supposed to hold it in place just broke off. Any other Duece owners have this problem? If so, what was the cure?

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
The cure is to buy a new lens.. The new lenses have a METAL tab. I broke mine trying to remove it to clean it. Guess they figured it out after the original design.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I've never seen a Deuce light with a plastic clip and have not seen one with a metal clip since the early ones (like '00)... they are now all held in by a rubber mounting gasket that locks into the front part of the fender hole and has a wide tab at the rear. Not the best setup, and I have seen them fall out upon occaision, but it can be improved... a dab of RTV at the rear tab would probably keep it in place better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the suggestion of RTV has come up once. Just wanted to see if there was anything else anyone has tried. At $50 a pop, it can get expensive fast... Thanks for the replies! I'll pass the suggestion along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts