V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2008 EGlide Classic for a bit over three weeks :wootdnc:
I really want to slap on a set of Rineharts, will I harm the bike if I don't do any other changes, can't really afford the Power Commander and other tuning stuff right now ..what do you guys say? suggestions??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
:welcome: and introduce your self. going to duals will put you in need of a reflash or a dyno at least. The Y pipe acts different than a dual setup. Do your stage 1 stuff, I would stick to the Y pipe and some slipons. S&S SPOs are quiet but have a great rumble. You will need some way to richen it up, buy the best, the other stuff is just a problem and a waste of money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm
sounds like this is the direction that I want to go S&S SPOs with my
2008 EGlide Classic, if I understand this correctly I can use my stock headers with S&S SPOs and get away with out re-mapping, it this true .

Ezdaze

It's been along time coming

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
If you have the stock air cleaner, you are ok. You need a remap if you move more air. with a free flowing air cleaner and free flowing muffs you will need a remap.You will find out that it is worth it in smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks
route66paul thats the info I was looking for, need to do this on the
cheap, will go to stage one when I have the coin to update the headers
and air cleaner
Ezdaze

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
ezdaze said:
Hmm
sounds like this is the direction that I want to go S&S SPOs with my
2008 EGlide Classic, if I understand this correctly I can use my stock headers with S&S SPOs and get away with out re-mapping, it this true .

Ezdaze

It's been along time coming
No problem with the SPO's without mapping. Very nice rumble but still quiet. Noticable performance bump on my otherwise stock 08 RG. Did I mention that I have a set listed for sale in the classified forum here?
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113695

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
I have Rush slip-ons with the 2" baffle, stock air cleaner. It's lean, would it be lean with the 1'75 or 1.5 baffles, I don't know.

How do I know it's lean? The right slip-on is starting to yellow right where it clamps on.

Just got the new SERT and will download and put on the SE air cleaner this week.

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you notice reduced heat on the right side as a result of a better breathing pipe, or is it about the same as with stock mufflers?

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Jaybo said:
Did you notice reduced heat on the right side as a result of a better breathing pipe, or is it about the same as with stock mufflers?
I would say it's just a bit better. Hopefully it will drop after I put the Fatcat/Quiet baffle, air cleaner and & SERT combo on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts