V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that think true duals and mufflers lose in HP and TQ, here is my dyno. I am running a Ness Big Sucker, PC III USB, VH Bagger duals and Oval Slip-ons, and a 37G on a TC 88 with stock heads. 82HP and 90 TQ is not too bad. Take the little blip at 3900 RPM and you are looking at about 88 or 89 tq. I am happy with the build and doubt I will do anything more. Those of you convinced the 37G needs compression, I say you are wrong.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
What map are you using for the PCIII. I'm thinking of putting a set of cams in my bike this summer. DynoJet told me I shouldn't have to change the map if I just install 203 cams but I'm not sure they will make much of a difference.

Thanks.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I'm tired.
I'll let somebody else do it.
But you enjoy doing it. :beatdh:

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I'm tired.
I'll let somebody else do it.
For some reason, I can't open a .pdf file. Post it as a .jpg and I'll do the honors. Wait a minuet, is it SAE or STD :D :cheers:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
C'mon, Chuck, you can do it!
4th or 5th, come on...
And radio spikes only count as power on transmitters. :D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is STD. The map is a custom map done by Topeka HD. They did a generic map and then did a custom map for each cylinder.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
csoday said:
For some reason, I can't open a .pdf file. Post it as a .jpg and I'll do the honors. Wait a minuet, is it SAE or STD :D :cheers:
....:wootdnc:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
......... :corn:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just spoke to the dealer and he is going to run a copy of it SAE. Also, it is a 5th gear run. I know some of you out there like 4th gear not 5th, like SAE not STD, etc... Just posting to let you know there is no big dip in the torque on the bottom end and the HP and TQ curves are nice. I am not a wrench nor do I claim to be a dyno guru. Just posting the graph for others to see so they can see what a mild build will get them. I did not mean to step on any ones toes, get flamed, told to piss off, or anything else anyone wants. I was informed that STD is 4% higher. If that is the case than the TQ numbers are 86.4. Still pretty respectable if you ask me, then again, no one did.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
fxdl raw said:
just spoke to the dealer and he is going to run a copy of it SAE. Also, it is a 5th gear run. I know some of you out there like 4th gear not 5th, like SAE not STD, etc... Just posting to let you know there is no big dip in the torque on the bottom end and the HP and TQ curves are nice. I am not a wrench nor do I claim to be a dyno guru. Just posting the graph for others to see so they can see what a mild build will get them. I did not mean to step on any ones toes, get flamed, told to piss off, or anything else anyone wants. I was informed that STD is 4% higher. If that is the case than the TQ numbers are 86.4. Still pretty respectable if you ask me, then again, no one did.
Heck, noboby told you to piss off that I know of.
I even apologized in my reply to a PM that you sent me.
Might want to let us know up-front that you're delicate.
And don't forget the 4-5% that 5th gear gets ya'.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OH Yeah, I forgot to thank everyone for their input on this. It is a learning process for all of us. No hard feelings toward anyone. The dyno guy did not do the build, he just dynoed it so he had nothing to gain or lose either way by running it the way he did. He told me some like SAE, some like STD, some like 4th some like 5th.

Just a note for all of you, I would prefer not to have STD. :roflback:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, not delicate. In fact I was typing my other response when you replied. Some people are just pretty quick to jump on the "not so informed" on things. I take this as a learning lesson on each and every one of the forums. Now, if I was trying to sell stock brake lines off my scooter and someone jumped in my sh*t that would be a different story. I deserve that one. Once again, I appreciate any and all input from this forum.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
csoday said:
It is STD and 5 smoothing. I'll send the jpg to you since the file is to large to post. 1.22MB

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
wkohn said:
It is STD and 5 smoothing. I'll send the jpg to you since the file is to large to post. 1.22MB

Post #8 springs to mind...:huh:
Maybe you can wash his bike instead. :dry:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is the SAE run on the bike. A little dip of one in the TQ and loss of 1.5 in the HP. Throw out the blip on the TQ and the numbers are still pretty good. Thanks for all of the input. Sorry this one is not as pretty as the first. It was sent via fax.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Looks like a fun bike to ride.
So much for the CW of 4%.
I think I'll have them print out one of mine in STD and see how much difference there is on it.

Oh, and Chuck? You win that one. :bowdwn:
On my bike the 4th to 5th difference was 4 ft/lb, though, but that does seem to vary considerably from bike to bike. With my old slip-ons, I was actually lower on both Tq and HP in 5th.
My head hurts.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Post #8 springs to mind...:huh:
Maybe you can wash his bike instead. :dry:
Darn a lot happens between phone calls on this forum. I have to remember how to reduce file sizes on jpg files. And then not forget the next time I go to do it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts