V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone can give me some advice or has done this and knows what should be done. I have a 2011 FXDC. The bike has been through many transformations through out the years. I just replaced my Hard Case Performance risers with a sete of Kraus Kick Back Risers. One thing that I always wanted to change but kept putting it off was getting rid of the speedo/tach on my dash and mounting a dual gauge speedo and tach gauge set up on my bars. Im finally ready to pull the trigger. and now Im all confused. I know I need cable extensions. When I spoke with a person at Guerilla Cables I was told that since I have a 2011 FXDC the cable extensions would work on a dual gauge set up. But they wouldnt work if I also relocated my indicator lights. Their harness wasnt designed for a 2011 FXDC's indicator lights. So the cable extensions would only work with a speedo and tach gauge set up. Although he said I can do some modifications to the part that plugs into the indicator lights and that would make them work. Or I could buy the indicator lights from a 2011 Street Bob and that would fix the issue. But the only way I would actually move those indicator lights would be if I bought the Big Bear Performance gauge buckets that have a cut out for those indicator lights. And at $625 and not yet knowing whether it would fit on the Kraus risers is expensive.

I was also thinking of getting the Pro Cycle speedo and tach by autometer and buying the KNS gauge buckets. Then leave my indicator lights where they are and also buy a dash cover from KNS. Does anyone know whether the Guerilla cables will work with the Pro Cycle gauges? I looked on the internet for a few days and cant find any answers.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
No 3xperience with the brands...
Not meaning to be a pita, smart a$$, or obtuse,, its called custom for a reason,, you need to be able to overcome obstacles in your journey..

Good luck with it,,, it will all work out,,, im not fond of big bear parts,,, usually do not fit,,, help is a joke..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts