V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don;t know if this is OK here or needs to be in the Electric area. But here is the question(s),

Has anyone tried the HD Dual Bulb lit and is it worth the money, not just looks but effective lighting.

Has anyone tried a bigger/brighter bulb than the 35w highbeam bulb? If so any problems or suggestions?

I have a Street Glide on order, and since it has no passing lamps, I thought about increasing the light output without putting something like "Moto Lights" on the forks.

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FLSTFI-2005 said:
If you do a lot of riding at night time, then you should't be cheap on the lighting.
?????????????????????????????

OK I am lost, I was not asking about cheap, asking about suggestions. Do you have any or is it just the Jack Daniels talking??????????

Seriously, I have no clue whee you are coming ffrom on the cheap remark.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Camera108 said:
I don;t know if this is OK here or needs to be in the Electric area. But here is the question(s),

Has anyone tried the HD Dual Bulb lit and is it worth the money, not just looks but effective lighting.

Has anyone tried a bigger/brighter bulb than the 35w highbeam bulb? If so any problems or suggestions?

I have a Street Glide on order, and since it has no passing lamps, I thought about increasing the light output without putting something like "Moto Lights" on the forks.

Thanks
The dual is much better than stock. Visibility is extended quite a bit. I replaced the stock headlight on my 06 Ultra with the dual and love it.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
For what it's worth, I am running a bulb in my Softail headlight that's 55 watts low beam and 100 watts high beam. I've changed the bulb once in the past 10 years. No problems. The high beam is too bright around town but very nice for seeing critters on the way home (I live out in the country).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts