V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my MAP readings are a lot low. However, DTT tech support doesn't seem too concerned about the readings. I have attached my latest log for you to see and was wondering what others MAP sensor reading are. For those that can not read the log, my idle readings are around 13.4 and while cruising at about 60mph it reads around 14. These readins are directly from the log file and I believe they are supposed to represent In-Hg.​
 

Attachments

·
Not FNG anymore
Joined
·
183 Posts
Zeab said:
I think my MAP readings are a lot low. However, DTT tech support doesn't seem too concerned about the readings. I have attached my latest log for you to see and was wondering what others MAP sensor reading are. For those that can not read the log, my idle readings are around 13.4 and while cruising at about 60mph it reads around 14. These readins are directly from the log file and I believe they are supposed to represent In-Hg.​
It all looks good to me, except for your timing. It seems to be low at cruise. Post your map and let us look at it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my latest map freshly downloaded and BLMs applied. I never turn down advice on something I am learning about.
 

Attachments

·
Not FNG anymore
Joined
·
183 Posts
Here is your map. Timing is not as brisk as I ride with but more than you had. AFR is changed along with some 2D stuff. Try it and apply it 6 times after 15min. rides then send the map back to me for alpha-n smoothing. If you have problems call me at 1-256-287-3139 this is my home number.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am putting this on my bike this morning and will get back to you after a few BLM applies.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having a little cold engine problems. Starting and idle are ok. However, when the engine is cold and you give it just a little throttle, it wants to die. I have to play with it to keep it running just off idle. Once the RPMs go up things get better. I have to baby it untill I get the RPMs up then I can let the clutch out. Once i get going if I let the engine slow down too much it sputters, backfires and generally looses power. Once the engine is warmed up, it runs great.

To be honest with you, I had this little issue with my old map but this one seems a little worse. Part of the problem could be due to the lack of BLMs applied yet,
 

·
Not FNG anymore
Joined
·
183 Posts
Zeab said:
I am having a little cold engine problems. Starting and idle are ok. However, when the engine is cold and you give it just a little throttle, it wants to die. I have to play with it to keep it running just off idle. Once the RPMs go up things get better. I have to baby it untill I get the RPMs up then I can let the clutch out. Once i get going if I let the engine slow down too much it sputters, backfires and generally looses power. Once the engine is warmed up, it runs great.

To be honest with you, I had this little issue with my old map but this one seems a little worse. Part of the problem could be due to the lack of BLMs applied yet,

Call me at 1-256-287-3139. I am setting by the phone. Check live view for 1 minute after start and see what your AFR is for this time on each cyl and write it down. It needs to be 11.5 at startup tapering up to 12.5 in about a minute. then 12.7 at idle when warm. If you are leaner then 12.5 increase the alpha-n in the 0-5% and 500-1000 rpm range. Get the rear cyl right first then add or subtract in the frt cyl trim table to correct the frt cyl. Try to make the BLM's set at 90-95% when idling.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my log from the warm up as well as the MAP. The MAP is yours with BLMs applied once. The actual log data for the cold start begins at about 460s.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to add that I blipped the throttle a couple of times. The first time it sputtered pretty bad and you can see the AFR goes was up. The second time was after the engine warmed up a bit and sounded much better.

Also, is it common for the AFR to bounce around a little. I noticed the rear bounces around a lot compaired to the front.
 

·
Not FNG anymore
Joined
·
183 Posts
Zeab said:
Forgot to add that I blipped the throttle a couple of times. The first time it sputtered pretty bad and you can see the AFR goes was up. The second time was after the engine warmed up a bit and sounded much better.

Also, is it common for the AFR to bounce around a little. I noticed the rear bounces around a lot compaired to the front.
AFR is bad lean at start up and warm up. Add 20% fuel in 0-5% and 500 - 1500 rpm. Put 1's in 500 - 1250 at 0%, 500 - 1000 at 2.5%. Use live view and adjust alpha-n's to AFR of 12.7 with 90% on BLM's. O2 sensors will take control of AFR in 30 seconds if you get alpha-n's close. You must be rich to start up and warm up then lean down some, but EFI is slow to respond at hit of throttle. That is why I keep mine rich so some fuel is present for off idle acceleration.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top