V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you DTT TCFI users come across this software error: "Port already open"? I was preparing to load the firmware upgrade today and this showed up. Same for the Log & TCFI software. The Palm View package works OK. Can't make a communications link between the laptop and the TCFI. Nothing has changed for me except the new versions of the DTT software.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
I have seen that when you have the log open and had downloaded it and then opened PC link also. Maybe the new software over wrote your port settings. You are using the boot loader they have for their firmware right? If your software is too far ahead of your firmware it may do this. I would flash the unit with the newest firmware using the boot loader they have and try again.

Edit:
I am pretty sure your firmware is your issue. In the software there is a table for IAC that is added. You will need to download the Tunning Supplement for the explanation of this new table and you will need to follow the initial values they supply to any current maps you are running including the one loaded.

I used the most aggressive example they had and I guess it works. This is a very in depth tunning apparatus and I think I will spend many more years understanding it.

I think the software is not recognizing the TCFI because it is expecting the firmware to match.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input LAF. I'll give that a look at. I woke this morning with an epiphamy!! The old notebook I've been using has Windows NT on it (cdrom is broke on it-no way to change the OS). I'm guessing with the new software versions DTT put out they won't work with NT. It was probably a fluke that it did. Their software was never specifically coded for NT and I guess there was enough of a change in the code this time around to cause the error. I'll setup an XP box and start with the firmware change.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
timberz said:
woke this morning with an epiphamy!!
Better then what I woke with:ntlgh:
I do think your issue is with NT but you may be able to look at your com ports and make them match. You don't want to mess up on a firmware update as I suspect you very well know. Yep borrow an XP box to get it done to be sure, and then build your box if you have to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts