V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've attached my map in the hopes that you guys can take a look and give advice. I have 2 basic questions.
Anything I can do to eliminate the out of range message when I reset my blm's? There are a few cells that remain at 103 or so. I posted about this last month and am looking for additional guidance on this topic.
Next question, I've notice my idle doesn't drop down at times when I roll to a stop after riding for awhile. The bike is warmed up in these cases. It takes 4 or 5 seconds at zero throttle until it gradually will settle down to a normal idle.

I haven't done much to the bike yet, only a K&N 3909 kit. I'll be installing 2 into 1 pipes soon along with other engine goodies.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: Anamosa IA hill climb was awesome this past Sunday.

Attachments

·
Not FNG anymore
183 Posts
sdbryant said:
I've attached my map in the hopes that you guys can take a look and give advice. I have 2 basic questions.
Anything I can do to eliminate the out of range message when I reset my blm's? There are a few cells that remain at 103 or so. I posted about this last month and am looking for additional guidance on this topic.
Next question, I've notice my idle doesn't drop down at times when I roll to a stop after riding for awhile. The bike is warmed up in these cases. It takes 4 or 5 seconds at zero throttle until it gradually will settle down to a normal idle.

I haven't done much to the bike yet, only a K&N 3909 kit. I'll be installing 2 into 1 pipes soon along with other engine goodies.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: Anamosa IA hill climb was awesome this past Sunday.
Looked at your map. You must have a 96" motor. If you do I will send you my map from my 96" Ultra. It runs well and has been well proven in other bikes.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curtis Shipp said:
Looked at your map. You must have a 96" motor. If you do I will send you my map from my 96" Ultra. It runs well and has been well proven in other bikes.
Yes, a 96" Fat Boy. That would be great. Thanks.

·
Not FNG anymore
183 Posts
sdbryant said:
Yes, a 96" Fat Boy. That would be great. Thanks.
Here is the latest map. My map is always changing little by little. You will note the 1's in the BLM's this lets the o2 sensors work without changing the alpha-n #'s. If you have problems let me know because I want to have good base maps for a wide range of engines. I like the DTT but it takes some getting used to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curtis Shipp said:
Here is the latest map. My map is always changing little by little. You will note the 1's in the BLM's this lets the o2 sensors work without changing the alpha-n #'s. If you have problems let me know because I want to have good base maps for a wide range of engines. I like the DTT but it takes some getting used to it.
CS
Thanks for the map post, I'll definitely give it a try.
Noticed the injector size is set to 3.8, the DTT docs show that the '07 96" has 3.91 injectors. Is this a tweak that you found to work better?

·
Not FNG anymore
183 Posts
sdbryant said:
CS
Thanks for the map post, I'll definitely give it a try.
Noticed the injector size is set to 3.8, the DTT docs show that the '07 96" has 3.91 injectors. Is this a tweak that you found to work better?
Yes it likes this better because the injectors are over rated.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curtis Shipp said:
Yes it likes this better because the injectors are over rated.
So far so good. Took it for a short spin tonight after uploading the map you posted. Ran a little rough for a couple blocks then smoothed out nicely. Definitely an improvement from what I had loaded. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts