V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2014 VRSCF and, while replacing a dead battery, accidentally dropped a small washer which bounced its way into the front cylinder breather tube. It's a 1/4" diam non-ferrous washer and I haven't been able to locate it using an endoscopic camera, so am considering removing the oil pan to see if it wound up there and, if not, pumping compressed air into that same breather tube to try and jar the washer enough that it drops out with the oil pan remove. Does that seem like a reasonable plan? Any other suggestions on how to possibly retrieve that washer without doing an engine teardown?

Also, I am absolutely not planning to run the engine until I get that washer, but don't know what part(s) of the engine that breather tube accesses. Am I correct in assuming that it's not safe to run the engine given where the washer dropped into?

This is a longshot, but if anyone knows where I could get a solid model of the V-ROD engine which would allow me to see the interior structure related to that breather tube, that would be educational.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Remove the Alternator cover (left side panel). You should find you washer in there someplace. You aren't the first to do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That did the trick! Found it right inside the cover. Thank you very much for the advice!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts