V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some drivining light options for my 03 883r. Don't want the big
factory add ons. Something more sleek and unobtrusive.
Anyone have any good suggestions, especially for a light bar.

Thx in advance

·
Registered
935 Posts
How much do you want to spend?

< $15 - Cheap chrome lights that will fall apart from JC Whitney (done that)
< $50 - Wallmart/Meijers fog or driving lamps
$150 to $300 for PIAA driving lamps (that's what I'm running now). Small, bright, and chromey
Add $15 for mounting brackets

Wish I saw these before I bought the PIAA's: Motolights. Cleaner looking mount.

·
Registered
935 Posts
JC Whitney and other shops sell 3-piece clamps. Just find the size for the tube you want to mount to, and insert a bolt thru them and the driving lights.

I originally had mine mounted to the frame infront of the engine. Same size worked for the Lindby engine guard I recently added.

See if this link works for you: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...owse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=mount

I think my frame was 1 1/8".

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
I bought some Kuryakyn Silver Bullets with the 39mm fork mount. Bolted them to the highway peg mounts instead. The included bolts fit right in there ... The triangle-shaped light pattern of the headlight and low-mounted Silver Bullets is VERY noticable to oncoming traffic, and they light up the ditches for me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
wiring

thanks for the input guys. How or where did you tap into the wiring for the driving lights?
Also, where did yo mount the light switch since there's no dash to speak of.

Thx

·
Registered
935 Posts
I bought the Harley Auxillary switch... doesn't get cleaner lookin' than that.

I hacked the PIAA wiring harness, but even the cheapo JC Whitney lights came with a harness. I've heard wallmart sells a harness seperately with a relay. I highly suggest you implement the relay when wiring up. One day I forgot they were on, and battery was drained when I left for lunch (Now I have a relay)

At first I tried to pull power from the switch housing that goes to the headlamp... but blew a fuse during my commute. Depending on the power requirements you're supposed to wire directly to the battery anyhow; so that's where I moved it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.