V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some drivining light options for my 03 883r. Don't want the big
factory add ons. Something more sleek and unobtrusive.
Anyone have any good suggestions, especially for a light bar.

Thx in advance

·
Registered
935 Posts
How much do you want to spend?

< $15 - Cheap chrome lights that will fall apart from JC Whitney (done that)
< $50 - Wallmart/Meijers fog or driving lamps
$150 to $300 for PIAA driving lamps (that's what I'm running now). Small, bright, and chromey
Add $15 for mounting brackets

Wish I saw these before I bought the PIAA's: Motolights. Cleaner looking mount.

·
Registered
935 Posts
JC Whitney and other shops sell 3-piece clamps. Just find the size for the tube you want to mount to, and insert a bolt thru them and the driving lights.

I originally had mine mounted to the frame infront of the engine. Same size worked for the Lindby engine guard I recently added.

See if this link works for you: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...owse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=mount

I think my frame was 1 1/8".

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
I bought some Kuryakyn Silver Bullets with the 39mm fork mount. Bolted them to the highway peg mounts instead. The included bolts fit right in there ... The triangle-shaped light pattern of the headlight and low-mounted Silver Bullets is VERY noticable to oncoming traffic, and they light up the ditches for me.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I bought the Harley Auxillary switch... doesn't get cleaner lookin' than that.

I hacked the PIAA wiring harness, but even the cheapo JC Whitney lights came with a harness. I've heard wallmart sells a harness seperately with a relay. I highly suggest you implement the relay when wiring up. One day I forgot they were on, and battery was drained when I left for lunch (Now I have a relay)

At first I tried to pull power from the switch housing that goes to the headlamp... but blew a fuse during my commute. Depending on the power requirements you're supposed to wire directly to the battery anyhow; so that's where I moved it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.