V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people and wellcome to... me.
Here in Israel ther are only few units of marauder 800 and only from the models between 97-98, ther for the experience is very low on that exampler.

My marauder have a chine between the engine and back will and I just dont think that it is suttable for a qruiser to have one.
Ther are two options:
1) to install a belt kit. (not preferd by me)
2) to install a driveshaft. (preferd indeed)

My quastions are:
*can I install a driveshaft thaken from intruder 800 from that year, (because they are very similer motorcyckes by the same maker) and still keep my marauder original back wheel instead of the intruder will?

*If not, are ther any good driveshafts aftermarket kits?
*If not, and than I give up, were can I get a belt kit for my bike by the internet (last option).

Sorry for any miss-spaling, you can corect me freely.^rolleyez^

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

What you are suggesting/planning might be possible, but the co$t may be more than the bike is worth.

Keep the chain clean, lubed, adjusted correctly and save the $$ for a bike that has what you want on it already.-2$en#e-

:whisper: ...belts are not a bad thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday after our small discotion I found the rear driveshaft from a suzuki VX800 with the arm and wheel, (this ones look like a simple GS500E but also has the Intruder800 engine)
The bike have been dissasemble after an accident, and the parts are very cheep, do you think it would fit my marauder with the suittable adjustments?

By the way, I think the new Intruder M have one already.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
I don't know anything about them, but that belt sure looks like it would do the job for and make a big improvement to the bike as far as cruising RPM's, which you will be able to see on your RPM gauge, er, tachometer :) when you get it installed, and they do ship overseas.
jalaad - you PM box is full, John

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
I think the Intruder and Marauder only share the same engine. The frame is different, so you will have a lot of fabrication to install a shaft drive. There is a company that makes a belt drive kit, but some people weren't real happy with the gearing. Here is a link to the company that makes the kit.. http://www.scootworks.com/swcart/shop/partssuzbelt.htm

There is a forum on the web dedicated to the Marauder and those guys know everything about those bikes. Check out the bulletin board there and ask them about your idea of using Intruder parts. Here is a link http://www.migcruisers.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts