29k....:eek:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Ouch! Must be all them burnouts catching up to ya. :p

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You just reminded me that I need to get a drive belt repair kit for failures away from home.

Anyone ever use one of these before?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
DAMNNNN!!!!!!
Ive never seen one that bad before (clean removal of teeth that is)
Now THAT is impressive.

·
Banned
999 Posts
JFScheck said:
You just reminded me that I need to get a drive belt repair kit for failures away from home.

Anyone ever use one of these before?
Haven't used one. belt is reliable, unless you are abusive they generally dont break.

if you inspect belt when doing routine maintenace you will see any potential problem long before they occur.

about the only way a belt breaks other than abuse is if you pick up a stone and it gets wedged thru the belt which can cause it to tear. thats why its a good idea to keep both belt guards on the bike.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Quite a few defective belts have been reported here, I know HH's wasn't defective, probably some abuse and some neglect. I can attest to their strength, I abuse mine and is fine.......

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have had two friends snap their belts last summer not a lot of miles on the belts,although one was a performance built bike.
But a lot of people I asked about belt problems said that there were some belts out there that were defective.
But more than likely the belts that snaped were out of adjustment and loose, giving them enough slack to snap.

Never seen one striped of teeth like HarleyHogs belt.:confused:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dprice said:
How'd the hell did that happen?
I change the Rear Caliper a week or so ago, noticed that there was two gaps with Teeth missing, two teeth in one, and one in the other.
Don't know how long it was like that, but but decided that if its gonna go its gonna go.........so kept Driving.
Was at a set of traffic lights behind some old biddy, lights turned green and off we go......
Said old Biddy wouldn't speed up so I decided to give it a bit of gas to get around her when...the only way I can describe it, it seemed like the bike was losing a Cylinder then back, lost power then back.
A bit like someone who can't drive a car letting the Clutch out too fast, Kangaroo'n.
I knew what was happening, every time I give it a bit of gas the belt lost more teef.
At this stage I'm in the middle of the crossroads, 4 lane traffic each side of the roads so to get out of trouble......the Belt lost more Teef!!! It was Fu(ked anyway.
Lucky I live about a eighth of a mile away.........the Belt lost more Teef. :D

dprice said:
Just normal wear and tear? [/B]
29K and If you count two and a half British Winters with all the salt they put down....Me shrugs me shoulders
Who knows, I do flog it though...:eek:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Teef? What's a teef?:D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Toof! :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Hey, speaking of Maine? What ever happened to the guy from Maine that use to have that picture of the "kid standing on the bike bawling his eyes out" in his signature? Anyone remember him?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
That's the guy! Says in his profile his last post was on 9/24/02. Wonder what's up?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I hate to put in my .02 off topic but I was wondering what happened to Cox9000 just today.
And I see his last post was 9/25/02 maybe we should do the same with him.
Was just curious he was all over these boards when I first joined this forum.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think after starting his Business, and getting his new Bike, Cox has forgot that he has a computer. Who can blame him?
T'was a bit keen to get it.........:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts