V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Deuce (carb) with the HD 80381-00 Baloney cut mufflers, SE air kit and Dyno jetted.

My neighbor had his Fatboy stock pipes modified at the dealer along with rejetting and SE air kit, the bike sounds great much better than my Deuce. He says the dealer drilled out his stock mufflers.

I called the dealer and they said, "it's a standard poor mans Stage One modification to use a hole saw and drill out the stock mufflers". I asked if they could do the 80381-00 mufflers on my Deuce, they said you can't drill them out because of some rivets, suggest I purchase the SE slipons that are a perfect match for the slash cut I have now. Is this true? Is there no way to modify these slash cut pipes to make them less restrictive? I heard the only difference between the 80381-00 and the 80354-00 is a hole through them?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Do you know of any web sites that have good info and maybe diagrams on how to modify mufflers? I still have the stock pipes but like the look of the slash cuts better. I need details?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Get the after market slip ons (might want those stockers later);
and I expect anyday to start seeing overly severe enforcement of loud pipe ordinances; here in Houston several people I know have received them leaving a local ice house and they don't even run drag pipes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have been buying takeoffs and knocking out the plugs.... ebay is a good source for trial and error parts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts