V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which plug(s) do I remove to change the engine oil on my '99 Road King ? Just warmed it up and looked underneath but it's not so obvious which is which. Owners manual not much help. Cheers, Bob.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
LazyBob said:
Which plug(s) do I remove to change the engine oil on my '99 Road King ? Just warmed it up and looked underneath but it's not so obvious which is which. Owners manual not much help. Cheers, Bob.
If you don't have the factory service manual then you need to get. It's a must for anyone doing their own maintenance. It'll be the best $50 you ever spent.

G

·
There are two identical plugs, in the oil pan. Each is an 11/16" hex with a fitting for an Allen wrench in it's center. The engine oil drain is on the left (low side) front of the pan (the face of the plug is perpendicular to the ground). The other is the transmission drain. It's about halfway back on the right (high side) of the pan, and goes straight up into the pan (it's face is parallel to the ground).

Harris

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Harris,
Do not mean to discount what you said, but on my "99 EG the drain plugs are 3/4" hex head bolts with no allen center in them.
They are in the positions you indicated.

G

·
LittleBear said:
Harris,
Do not mean to discount what you said, but on my "99 EG the drain plugs are 3/4" hex head bolts with no allen center in them.
They are in the positions you indicated.
Sorry about that. I forgot about the year to year differences.

Thanks LB

Harris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts