V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by to see what the word was with Dragonfly. I am an employee there and thought I could lend a hand in answering common questions.
I noticed threads discussing our older fairing, didn't know if you folks knew we had a new version out.
I would love to hear feedback on any aspect of our operation.
I will tell you I am doing this on my own because I believe in the company I work for.
I am not here trying to sell anything or talk crap about any other fairing makers. Only to answer your questions.
Remember that this is not an official extension of Dragonfly, but rather an employee just looking to help answer questions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey RuckRider, Buster Milbury here, I was camped in front of you guys in Sturgis, talked to Steve briefly, bought one of your fairings for a customer and got it in just before we left so didn't get a chance to even look at it. I'm picking it up from the paint shop tonight. I'll will say, you guys were some working fools out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Buster! We were definitely busy that's for sure. I had a great time and look forward to next year. Next stop is Reno and Vegas this month.:thanks:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The vibration problem was one of the reasons for the new style fairing. We don't do trade-ins, but what I have seen customers do is to put their old one on EBay or a similiar site, then buy the new style fairing.
As far as the bracket is concerned, the new metal brackets extend all the way to the top inside of the fairing. When I get home tonight I will post a pic of what the inside looks like with brackets mounted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Ruck...I just confirmed my fairing order on August 29th. Can't wait for it to get here. It was much cheaper than buying a new bagger...just upgrade the Road King.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took some pics as I was assembling a fairing. Here is a good shot to show you the bracket setup.Keep in mind, only a small portion of the bracket is visible once fully assembled and installed on your bike (although it is polished to a mirror finish)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been researching aftermarket fairings for a couple months now trying to decide which one to get. Pretty much made my mind up on the Dragonfly. You have what I consider to be the most visually pleasing inner fairing design...just wish you guys did use the original quick detachable hardware with no modifications. I would at times still like to roll with my windshield ( I think...everyone says they never take the fairings off ). It wasn't a showstopper but if you had that option it would of made my decision so much easier. Will be ordering from you next week. Through my research the main bragging point from owners of that other "vendor" fairing was that it was quick detachable and lockable. You guys should consider that functionality in the future....and make it retrofit to the fairing I'll be buying :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As you know with any business, staying ahead and being the forerunner of a very competitive industry means constant R&D. I think the fairing that offers the lock is a great idea. I believe the reason the lock came about was due to the quick detach system they use. With ours, it is bolted to your bike using the existing hardware (no keys to lose or lock to jam up). It is quick to disconnect (about one minute) but a thief can't just walk up and take it off. Since our inception of the detachable fairing more than five years ago, no one to my knowledge has ever had their fairing stolen.
Does that mean we won't ever offer a locking mechanism? We will continue to research options and functions that are important to having the best looking and functioning fairing hands down.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Ruckrider........thanks for the pictures. How does the front and inner fairing bolt together? On the old model you have to hold the nuts from the inside of the fairing.........a total pain in the arse. Are the bolts or threaded inserts attached to the outer fairing?

Thanks

Troll

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, yeah I know what you mean with the old style of bolting the inner and outer together! That process has totally been revamped. It is easy now thanks to the use of quick clips (or extruded U nuts for you hardware techy types:winking:) No more reaching inside the fairing to hold the nut. We install the quick clips where you have to put screws/bolts in. Which also makes switching to different windshields easy. Wanna go city cruisin with your 4" black? Or going for a long ride and want the protection of the 10"? It takes about 45 seconds! Just loosen those top three screws on your chrome moulding, slip out the windshield, put your new one on and tighten the screws back up. Loosen, switch windshields, tighten. It's that easy.
I will be making some quick vids on various install stuff. So be sure to check this thread often for them. Also, if you would like to see a specific video made or a "How-To" , just let me know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool! Glad to have you stop by the booth. We will be at the Reno Harley Davidson just off HWY 395. Use the Mill Street exit to 2295 Market St.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Deluxe with a Nacelle headlight

Hey Rucker,

I have an 05 Deluxe with a Nacelle light........will your product work with this combo? I know you offer Fairings that fit the Deluxe, but have you done any FLSTNI's with the Nacelle? I ask because I cannot run the harley fork "wind-deflectors" anymore.....the windshield won't fit with them and the Nacelle.

Make sense?

Thanks for your input!

A friend of mine just bought your Fairing for his Road-King............really looks nice and very well made (constructed)

Cheers,

: )

·
doof member
719 Posts
Hey Rucker!

I picked up the older Dragonfly fairing from another Vtwin member. It was already painted vivid black so it matched my bike. I was going to send it and my tins in for custom paint work during the winter. Now, I may sell it and get the new one! How much is the new one without the stereo, speakers or paint? (I like doing that stuff myself).

Attachments

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
BUDKING said:
Hey Rucker!

I picked up the older Dragonfly fairing from another Vtwin member. It was already painted vivid black so it matched my bike. I was going to send it and my tins in for custom paint work during the winter. Now, I may sell it and get the new one! How much is the new one without the stereo, speakers or paint? (I like doing that stuff myself).
Here is the site and price.

# Base fairing price $999 (plus brackets) another $100.00

http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/fairings.htm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DaFrankster... Our fairing works for your setup! At the most, you'll need to shorten up the spacer that comes off the nacelle about 3/16 so that the brackets don't flare out. Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts