V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that HD is selling the adjustable fairing wings for my 05 Ultra. Has anyone used these? Which wings do you think are best? Kur wings or HD wings?

As and aside, does anyone know of a good bike painter in So Cal? Time to change the color.

Regards, SSC

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
SSC said:
I see that HD is selling the adjustable fairing wings for my 05 Ultra. Has anyone used these? Which wings do you think are best? Kur wings or HD wings?

As and aside, does anyone know of a good bike painter in So Cal? Time to change the color.

Regards, SSC
I can't speak to either one. I use Freedom Wings and really like them.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I got the Kury Dragon wings and they work great and look great. they are a little harder to opperate while rideing than the ones you just push or pull. But that lil metal bar and plastic slider just never looked right on a Harley to me....

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I got mine off e-bay for like 40 bucks, there larger then the Harley ones, and really help to keep the wind off you and the front end more stable.

There made from Mylar(polycarbonate) and came with the Harley screws.
I also got the windshield from them.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Can not help you with the wings but I do know that the painter at Uptown Cyles in San Diego is outstanding and his prices are very reasonable.

SSC said:

Regards, SSC

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have the HD ones , that to me look indentical to what Kury has . They work well and other than a little grinding to clear the turn signals were easy to install.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I have been using Freedom Wings for 2 years and those whom I got to try them all say it was the best 75.00 spent on their harley.

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
The new ones that Harley makes for the '08's are great. They have constant friction so they hold their position and are very easy to open and close. I also put a set on my '05 before I traded her for an '08. There are four screws on the new ones and the bottom three line up with the '05 fairing holes. The contour of the bracket is a perfect match. All I did was put them on using those bottom three screws and then cut the head off of the fourth one and gorilla glue it into the hole. It looked great, the three were more than enough to hold it in place and it worked perfectly. Just another option.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Kuryakyn wings and the HD one are basically the same. They come from the same manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I had the Kury Dragon wings on for a couple of years. But due to the vibration they eventually cracked and broke along the mounting screws. I suspect the Harley version will do the same. While they were in one piece, they were excellent!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Sarge12R said:
I have to agree with all above. Freedon Wings kick ass dude. Here's a picture of mine from a FLHT website. Don't pay attentoin to the Budlight beercan in front of my tire, I don't know how it got there!:nope:

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/images/customerphotos/ChrisHaag.JPG

Get them here for $70.00.

http://freedom-wings.com/flhrsei-order.html

They stay where you adjust them to. Rain, Heavy cross winds. Everyone that has seen them goes with them vs the HD's or Kury's

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I do not know how many riders experiance your bike pulling to the left or right on a straight road. I have found that I can use the freedom wings as trim tabs to adjust out the pull. Open the wing opposite the pull use suttle adjustment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts