V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was thinking about replacing my sporty' s (2002 883 XLH) hadlebar with a dragbar (similar to the one on the custom modles). Anyone knows what i need to do?
Do i need to change my fork?

Thanks

G
Crazy Italian

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Owners of the "Custom" model can talk about their experiences with "drag" bars. The newer XLC's come stock with "drag" bars.

The drag bars look really cool. :cool: However, they are not very functional. The riding position can be awkward and many riders have problems seeing anything in their mirrors at road speeds, even with short stemmed mirrors. Do you want cool or comfort?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well pasadenajim you are right, i agree with your points. I did seat on a 883 custom before buying my bike though and the position felt quite confortable to me. I have long arms and long legs. I am not deformend though just tall enough for the custom i guess....just kidding. I have already forward controls on my bike. i guess i am gonna wait and see if any custom/"drag" bar bike owner will post any comments.

Thanks,

G
Crazy Italian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Drag Bars

I have a 02' XLC and happen to find the position of the drag bars pretty comfortable. I'm not sure if height/arm length plays a factor or if it just comes down to personnal preferance on wether you like how a bike with drag bars handles or not. As for "many riders have problems seeing anything in their mirrors at road speeds" it's not the drag bars that render my mirrors useless it's the engine vibration that shakes the mirrors on said drag bars that makes them useless :D As for wanting cool or comfort ....being as I own the XLC comfort wasn't in the scheme of things:cool:
-Ride Safe-

·
Registered
875 Posts
I love my drag bars, only thing is vibrating mirrors like they said, pics of mine in the phase I complete thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts