V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting drag bars either Wild 1 or Carlini does anyone have them? and if so have a picture. I am thinking of the 4" rise from Wild1 or 5" from Carlini the stock bars I have now are comfortable the drag bars would be just for looks but I still need comfort.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've got the 5" rise carlinis on mine. I've posted pics of mine in other threads, so I cant repost 'em. Search under my name, or I can send them to your pm.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drag Bars

Wild 1 will answer your Email quickly.... Hey Honkeylips those are 7" clean sweeps I Emailed Carlini wit hyour pics you sent me they gave me the Scoop mine should be here Tues!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Drag Bars

Jshuster said:
Wild 1 will answer your Email quickly.... Hey Honkeylips those are 7" clean sweeps I Emailed Carlini wit hyour pics you sent me they gave me the Scoop mine should be here Tues!!
Hmmm, I measured the rise on mine and they were exactly 5". I think they may have guessed wrong by looking at the pictures. My bars definitely have 5" rise, I just double checked. Unless I'm measuring wrong....I'm measuring the length of the "risers" themselves. So I'm not including the 1.5" of actual bar width, if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drag Bars

I sent them the pictures that Honkeylips sent me of his bike they said they were 7" rise he said 5" rise wouldn't clear the gauges or tank on a Fatboy, I am not sure how they measure those things? I have screwed around with different bends on my Motocross handlebars and can't figure how they measure those things either I need visuals lol Honkeylips bars look good thats what I am trying get!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
honkeylips...
do you have the invoice for the bars?

maybe you will see a part number that i or someone else can reference from... ii was on another site and saw the clean sweeps.

to tell you the truth i didn't know they existed.

need to know i would love to get the right part

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drag Bars

I talked to them last Friday, they were very helpful.. talk to Donna. [email protected] when they said clean sweeps I never heard of them it's not on there website where did you see them?

·
Registered
278 Posts
i am so frustrated....

no they are not on there website.
i saw another set on someone else's here in PA
did you order them, are the still available?.....

and what size did you order...

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Drag Bars

I ordered 7" rise clean sweeps from Carlini 1 week agao Friday so they should be here tomorrow. Did you see Honkeylips pictures?

·
Registered
278 Posts
yes i did see them and i love thos bars.....
i currently have the 9 inch hoghandles.
i think i got screwed from the dealer when i asked for them.
the salesman showed me his and i like them but now they are starting to turn funny colors only after less then a year.
so i think i gotr his used ones and he got my new ones....it's a long story so thats why i will NOT go to a DEALER for anything anymore STEALER is more the term

i have 2 local wrenches here i can go to.

but if you say that these bars that are on honklips bike are
clean sweeps with a 7 inch rise, and carlini say's that 5 will not fit at all then i will get these as well.

it give the illusion of a shorter rise that the hoghandles and will make a fatbot look so much more a drag bike.

i will post pics when i get mine installed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jshuster

how did you pay...if you don't mind me asking....
they quoted me 299.95
and i got a price from simons in penndel, pa for 269.95

doesn't make sense

·
Registered
413 Posts
Praetorian said:
honkeylips...
do you have the invoice for the bars?

maybe you will see a part number that i or someone else can reference from... ii was on another site and saw the clean sweeps.

to tell you the truth i didn't know they existed.

need to know i would love to get the right part
I don't have a part number because the previous owner put them on. I do know they are Carlini's cause it says so on the bar. I also know they are 5" rise, again assuming I'm measuring correctly. The way I'm measuring is that if you basically chopped off the horizontal handlebar portion, leaving just the 'risers', those 'risers' measure 5" exactly. I also have no clearance issues what-so-ever.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts