V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 2003 fxdwg and will be installing drag bars and am having trouble deciding which to use (so many brands) ?
I already know that i will have to use (probably) a pullback riser. And how far back if i do?
I'm 5'11" tall if that helps. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I will also be changing the saddle to somthing lower and sleeker (still for two up riding.

thanx
kyle

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Kyle -

Here's my SuperGlide with a 8" pullback. I'm 6 feet tall and it's a good fit. I originally wanted less rise but I was afraid of interference with my gas cap. Now I'm glad I went with 8" or I believe I would have been leaning too far forward. I don't remember the brand of the bar, sorry. Looked but couldn't find a receipt. Hope this helps

Dean

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I dont see internal wire there Dean.
Harleys Factory custom of the FXDWG used drag bars. Thats one brand you can check.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kyle, I know my message is a little late; I just came across your post. Anyway, I just did the mods to my 03 FWDWG and here is what I did... I am 6'0" and went with the 9" pullback and drag bars from Wild1 Chubbys (dimpled and drilled). The look and feel are outstanding. Braiding the outside lines later. EXHAUST: After exhausting research (sorry for the pun), I went with the Hard Krome Double D's 2:1 Xccererator system, screamin eagle high flow kit w/ a k&n filter and the standard jetting kit. Let me tell you this: I ride with bros and they have everything from Samsons, V&Hs, White Brothers, thunder header, etc, and my new pipes are not only deeper (throaty) and louder, they outperform everything out there. I originally hated the thought of 2:1s but decided to give it a shot. OMG! They best investment I ever made !!!!! Hope this helps. You should check out the Hard Krome website for details, such as a non-showing blu-ing garantee and no heat shields needed as this babies are doulble walled. Hope this helps!

ibrowse-

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Hope this picture comes out, this is my 02 FXD with a wide glide kit, 8" steel risers and 27" drag bar. Did not have to change wires, cables or brake line. Sorry picture way too big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts