1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
629 Posts
I need to get a calender so I can write down all of the events I want to attend.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Went to the WEB site and read up on the ride. Last year, over 4000 people attended. Registration is SUNDAY, August 25th from 8-10 a.m. at Valencia Town Center, Santa Clarita, CA. Free coffee. Poker run, with ride pin & lunch. Music and vendors.

Pre-registration by 8/20 gets you an admission for $20/person or $30/couple. Good value and a good cause.

Folks from out of town can work in this ride with HOGS for Dogs, a charity ride in the area held on Saturday, August 24th. Plan a weekend in the LA area. Lisa and I will be going on both events.

I'm mailing our Downed Officer Support Ride registrations tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
"Eyeball" on 8/24

Lisa and I have pre-registered for this event. We'll also be attending the Hogs for Dogs event the day before.

I'm proposing an "eyeball" after one event and before the other.

*** Crown City Brewing Company, Raymond & Del Mar, Pasadena, CA @ 4 p.m. , Saturday, August 24th.**** It would be a "post" ride party for Hogs for Dogs and a pre-ride party for Downed Officers.

From 4-5 p.m., 8/24, pasadenajim will be buying pitchers at Crown City. I'll be out of town for 10-12 days after 8/2, so I won't be posting for a while. But mark your calendars. If you're going to these events, come by for a "hello" and/or a drink.

·
Registered
629 Posts
See you there. The wife and I will be at both.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,

Sounds good to me...I'll do my best to roll....

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Reminder: I'm buying (for the first hour) at Crown City Brewery, 4-6 pm, Saturday, August 24th.

It'll be an "eyeball" for folks going to Downed Officers on Sunday the 25th and Hogs for Dogs on the 24th. Great chance to meet some fellow members.

Crown City Brewery is located at the corner of Raymond an Del Mar, Pasadena. Good microbrew and free parking, just blocks from Old Pasadena.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Reminder: I'm buying brew from 4-5 on Saturday at Crown City, Raymond & Del Mar, Pasadena. It'll be an "eyeball" between the Downed Officers Supprt Ride (on Sunday the 25th) and Hogs for Dogs (on Saturday, the 24th).

Keep it in mind.

See ya' at the Downed Officers Support Ride or over at Crown City on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Gunslinger dropped by for a brew at the "eyeball" this afternoon. Not many in attendance but Gunslinger was nice enough to bring a long a cigar! Good man, that Gunslinger!:D

thanks.

Got a message from my bud Albert that the Flaming Knights are making the Downed Officers Support Ride an "official" club ride for them tomorrow. So the Flaming Knights will be there! Will you?

The Downed Officers Support Ride is a worthwhile cause, particularly important in these times. If ya' can make it, be there: Valencia Towne Center, 8-10 a.m., Sunday, 8/25. Valencia, CA

Gunslinger will be there. Pasadenajim and huckelberry1 and friends will be there. YOU should be there, too.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Several Thousand were in attendance at the Downed Officers Support Ride Today. The early risers were greeted by the National Anthem and speeches. LA County Sheriff Lee Baca, barely visible in the below photo, had words of praise and inspiration.

Ran into Gunslinger during registration. Due to the size of the crowd, we lost track of him and didn't see him later. ('sorry, Tony. We'll ride with ya' soon.)

Speaking of crowd size, pre-registration helps for this event. You don't have to wait in such long lines and you save a few bucks, too.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
On a scary note, huckelberry1 (Lisa) heard some folks saying they'd gotten their bike out of the garage for the first time in a year and were riding in the event. Hearing that we thought we should leave BEFORE the main group.

The parking lot was quickly filling up when we made an early escape on the 88 mile, scenic (but HOT) poker run.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
There were more vendors, many law enforcement oriented, than at a typcial run. Upcoming "fallen officers" events were announced by the East Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriffs Association, LEMA and the Choir Boys. Those events are in September. I'll post about those later.

Lisa does like those vendors!!!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Several thousand attended the event this year. I encourage you to attend the event next year.

I also encourage you to attend many of the upcoming events sponsored by our dedicated law enforcement brethren in the motorcycle community. These are usually family events. You can bring your kids. You can even come in a car. Just, do it!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately I got a flat at the second checkpoint and had to have my wife come to the rescue with a trailer. I ran over a horse shoe nail and was out of the game for the rest of the day. It could have been worse I guess. It is always a great event, for a very worthy cause, and am looking forward to FINISHING next years ride. Hope to see more from this forum there as well. Jim, as always..good to see you and lisa (and Vivian too). Maybe next year we can round up some folks from here for the ride.

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Maybe next year...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts