V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought first HD - 2002 Road King standard and love everything abut it except the seat. I'm good for about 60-70 miles and then I got to come off that seat. Am looking at three choices and need to hear from experience what ya'll think. 1. Corbin Classic 2. Corbin Dual Touring 3. HD Sundowner Touring. Do you think there is much difference between any of these and if so, how do they differ in terms of comfort.

I really appreciate your help as I have a big ride coming up and would like to do it with a new seat.

Thanks again,

Rick

·
Registered
103 Posts
Will the Road Zepplin seat fit on a Road King? If so......that is the seat for long rides.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
I've had H-D Touring Seat for about a year now and not overly impressed with it for long trips. Wife is a little more comfortable but still complains. I'm not sure that the Zeppelin seat is made for the Road King. If I had it to do over again, I'd go for the Mustang seat.

Might want to look at Corbin "Return Policy" thread below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rode my 201 Sportster straight to Sturgis, over 1600 miles with a Corbin Dual tour seat. The seat is not soft, but it has more surface area support for your butt. 30+ hours of riding made me a believer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went through the same thing with my stock seat when I bought my '95 fatboy. I finally got the bucks and put a Corbin Classic on it. What a difference. I road that bike for 5 years with the Corbin and loved it. I just bought a 99 RK Classic and the first thing I did was put a Corbin Classic on it. I got the slipin back rest which is great for my old back on long rides. I got the Corbin small ***** pad which is ok around town but I would have a cranky mama if we rode very far.

Last year I rode 4500 miles in 16 days and except for the really hot days the Corbin seat was great.

Well, there is one man's opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's input. I think it is now between the Corbin Dual Tourig and the Corbin Classic. Have borrowed a Classic to use this weekend. Thanks again to all that responded.

Rick

·
Registered
565 Posts
I put the H-D Doublebucket Sundowner on my 01 Lowrider and loved it. It was a little wide in front but very comfortable for long trips two up. Nowdays I need the backrest which is not available on this seat.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm faced with the same problem. I want a single low profile seat, but want a 'two-up' when my girl rides with me. I thought about the touring seats, but couldn't find out on the Corbin site if you could remove the passenger seat. I really don't want to purchase both the Hollywood seat(which I like the looks of) and a touring seat. Does anyone know of any of their seats that is two up and able to remove the passenger pad?
I also want something comfortable and from what I've read, Corbin is the way to go. Please give me some advice. I guess I am trying to have the best of both worlds. J.T.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Kewl, wyodude. How are the mustang seats? I've just heard that Corbin were good. I have seen many mustang seats and they seem to be popular. Sounds about right, price wise, though. Thanks for the site. I'll keep it in mind come June or July. J.T.

P.S. where are you in VA?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts